Thread: Advantages of serialization

Advantages of serialization

Hello Guys,

I have to discuss my one query with you and which is related to the serialization. I am studying the C sharp programming. In which I am not getting the advantages of the 'serialization'. I only know that it is related to the persistence of object. I wonder if you are able to provide me some advantages of the serialization. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Advantages of serialization

Serialization allows for the persistence of objects in a application between two successive start.This technique hides several variants that each has these benefits and drawbacks.This is the class that supports all the logic of Serialization data. The serialization is equivalent to the binary serialization, except that identification of the class Reading is writing is not guaranteed by application.This serialization is not suitable natural history data the application over versions.

Following are some advantages of serialization:
    1. Portability: there is no dependence own implementation of classes that can be exchanged between different VMs from different vendors.
    2. XML documents are generated by compact use an algorithm to eliminate redundancies (e.g attributes with default values are not written).
    3. Fault tolerance: if an error not structural is detected, the affected area is not taken into account.
    4. As an XML document, the result is readable by humans and usable by other programs.

serialization has many advantages with the Binary Serialization. Then the serialization has been specially designed to be used with JavaBeans that brings some benefits but also some limitations. Class MaConfiguration can change the code for serializing change. If the classes do are not too numerous and complex and it is important to have good speed then binary serialization manual are preferable.

Hi friend,

The "serialization" is a persistence mechanism of Java. However, its implementation requires the classes to deal are JavaBeans. The second advantages is that every serialization attribute to serialize contains an accessor as well as the modifier (getter/setter).In contrast, if the classes are very numerous, serialization schema link is a good solution. serialization provides a good solution to compatibility issue when evolution of the data structure.

The advantage of serialization is that, it improves the flexibility of Java's serialization mechanism. With serialization, it is possible to customize how an object's fields are mapped to a stream, and even recover when you encounter a stream that has different fields from the ones you expect. This flexibility is a benefit of the serialization format; the format includes more than just your object's field values, but also metadata about the version of your class and its field names and types.