Thread: What does 'Hot deployment' mean?

What does 'Hot deployment' mean?

Hi friend,

Servlet is used for serverside programming purpose. I need your help to to understand the 'Hot deployment' concept of servlet. I have never heard about this type of deployment. Is this mean the deployment of servlet object? I don't have any idea about his servlet concept. If you posses any information about the 'Hot deployment', then please let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: What does 'Hot deployment' mean?

Hot deployment of servlet related to the capability for to make change to a running application. This can be done without interrupting downtime or restarting the server.If hot deployment is necessary for your application, make sure that resources and third party libraries used by the application and other modules are now being packaged in an autonomous manner. If hot deployment is necessary for your application, make sure that resources and third party libraries used by the application and other modules are now being packaged in an autonomous manner.

This 'Hot deployment' allows for greater flexibility, since there is now a place to update the resource. If the application server supports hot deployment of EAR file, then update will take effect immediately if the application is redeployed (). However, for each WAR can locate the resource, you have to put the path to the resource file in the file MANIFEST WAR package. It would be even better to have scripts for automatic deployment.

Web servers provides 'hot deployment' functionality in which we are able to modify server side component. So this leads to automatic loading of new component. This feature is the hot deployment of components via the web interface. It improves developer productivity that can change the diagram, deploy and test a few seconds without having to restart the application server. This redeployment is very fast and can even keep the objects in an http session.

'Hot deployment' allows the deployment of OSGi components.Sun proposes to retain the paradigms of development and current deployments and hide the OSGi container. OSGi is positioned as a solution to the development of frameworks and not for conventional web development or EJB. This version includes a Servlet container. Web Application Archive (WAR file) is used to deploy a web application type. This file can contain servlets, HTML files, JSPs, and all images and associated files.