Thread: ConverterApp.ear does not exist!

ConverterApp.ear does not exist!

Hi friends,
    I am new to this forum. My problem is that I have created a a new J2EE application called ConverterApp. Now when I am trying to deploy it I am getting an error "ConverterApp.ear does not exist..!!". I am not understanding why this error is coming. Please help me to sort out this problem.
    Since this was my first time, please ignore my mistakes.!!
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: ConverterApp.ear does not exist!

You are getting the error "ConverterApp.ear does not exist!" which means that the ConverterApp.ear is not existing. I think that you might have went wrong while creating an ear. First of all you will have to make sure that the ConverterApp.ear file exists. Also check that you've specified it with the -client option. The client option is as follows :
    Code:
    runclient -client ConverterApp.ear -name ConverterClient
    Hope that doing this will help you.!

I am guessing that you have not created a new J2EE application called ConverterApp properly. That's why you are getting an error ConverterApp.ear does not exist!. For creating a J2EE application you can follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. First you will have to go in deploytool. From deploytool, select the File option. In file option select the New and then click on application.
    2. Then you will have to click on Browse.
    3. Once the file chooser window opens, you will have to navigate to j2eetutorial/examples/src/ejb/converter.
    4. Then enter the ConverterApp.ear in the field of the file name.
    5. Then click on new application. So that the application will get created.
    6. Lastly click on OK to save the changes.

I think that the error should be fixed after creating a new application as told by the 'void'. For running the J2EE application client, follow the steps :
    1. I have given the same coding used by the 'void' for the J2EE application client. In a terminal window, go to the j2eetutorial/examples/src/ejb/converter directory.
    2. You will have to verify that the current directory is having the ConverterApp.ear and ConverterAppClient.jar files.
    3. Then you will have to set the APPCPATH environment variable to ConverterAppClient.jar.
    4. After doing this you will need to type the following command :
      Code:
      runclient -client ConverterApp.ear -name ConverterClient -textauth
    5. The client container prompts you to log in. Enter guest for the user name and guest123 for the password.

According to me your problem should get fixed after creating the new j2ee application. Maybe you were creating in wrong way, that's why the error was generating. Once you create new application, your problem will be isolated. Also you can check at the running the application. After typing the command, in the terminal window, the client displays the following lines :
    Binding name:'java:comp/env/ejb/SimpleConverter'
    Unbinding name:'java:comp/env/ejb/SimpleConverter'