Thread: How to Use BETWEEN in Microsoft Access SQL?

How to Use BETWEEN in Microsoft Access SQL?

Hello friends,
    I am new to this forum. I want some help from you guys. Actually I have done much things in Microsoft Access. I have recently started with SQL. Now I want to use the Between in Microsoft Access SQL. Despite of trying lot of things I am not getting the desired results. I think that I am doing it in a wrong way. So anyone can tell me how to Use Between in Microsoft Access SQL Expecting help sooner from your side.
    Since this was my first post on this forum, please ignore my mistakes. Thanks in Advance..
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: How to Use BETWEEN in Microsoft Access SQL?

I think that the Access is the best application for the backend of your projects. Also the Access is more suited for desktop use with a small number of users accessing it simultaneously. Access stores data in its own format based on the Access Jet Database Engine. It can also import or link directly to data stored in other Access databases. And also according to me the SQL Server is a more robust database management system. Using Access is much easier than using the SQL Server. But when the other features come into the existence then the SQL proves better than the Access.

SQL stands for Structured Query Language which can be said as the language that is used to extract, manipulate, and structure data that resides in a relational database management system. Also I think since you are new to SQL you should know about it before going into the deep discussions or the coding. The type of SQL that is used to manage the database objects that contain data is called as Data Definition Language. On the other hand, the type of SQL that is used to manage the data within the database is called as Data Manipulation Language.

I am providing you with an example that uses SQL BETWEEN Statements. I hope that you will get the idea of between statement which is used in SQL. Just have a look on it :
    Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM product
    WHERE product.price between Rs.20 AND Rs.30;
    The above SQL statements will show the product price within a certain value.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

You can use the following steps for using the Between in Microsoft Access SQL :
    1. You will have to start by opening the view window of SQL.
    2. Then type "SELECT" and the name of the columns you want to see. You should know that the select option is used to view the columns in SQL.
    3. Type "FROM" and the name of the table containing the columns.
    4. Type "WHERE" and the name of the column whose criteria you want to limit. For using the Between you should always have a limit range.
    5. Then type "BETWEEN" and the lowest value you want to see in your results. Like WHERE income BETWEEN 15000.
    6. Type "AND" and the highest value you want to see in your results. For example : WHERE income BETWEEN 15000 AND 30000. By using this statement, it will return all employees with salaries of at least Rs.15000 but no more than Rs.30,000.