Thread: How to Enable Sun JavaScript in Mozilla FireFox?

How to Enable Sun JavaScript in Mozilla FireFox?

Hi Friends,
    I am new to this forum, so please ignore my mistakes..!! I have completed the Core Java and now I am turned to the JavaScript. I am using Mozilla FireFox as my browser. And I am not able to enable JavaScript into that. Since I am new for JavaScript, I am not having much idea about it.!! Can someone explain me how to enable Sun JavaScript in Mozilla FireFox?. Also please guide me how to enable the same thing in Internet Explorer which can be used by me later.!! Please help me as soon as possible.
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Re: How to Enable Sun JavaScript in Mozilla FireFox?

Since you are using the Mozilla Firefox you will have to follow the instructions that are mentioned below :
    • First open the browser (Mozilla Firefox).
    • Then click on the "Tools" button after launching your Mozilla Firefox.
    • In the Tools menu, scroll down and then click the "Options".
    • Click on the "Content" tab and then check the check-box having option as "Enable JavaScript".
    • Lastly click on the OK so that your setting will be saved and then close the options window.

By doing this your JavaScript in Mozilla Firefox will get enabled. Hope that you are solved with your problem.

You have not mentioned that which operating system you are using. Are you using Windows interface or Are you using the Mac.?? Since the steps are told about the Windows, I thought providing steps about the Mac would be useful. So below are the steps for enabling Sun JavaScript in Mozilla Firefox on Mac.
    1. By clicking on the icon in the Dock, open the Firefox application.
    2. Select the "Preferences". You can select this by going to the "Firefox" menu which is located at the top.
    3. Then go to the top of the Preferences window and then select the "Content" tab.
    4. Here, you will have to check the box next to "Enable JavaScript".
    5. Lastly, for saving the settings, close the Preferences window.

After doing this the JavaScript will get enabled on Mac.

Re: How to Enable Sun JavaScript in Internet Explorer?

Since you also want the steps for enabling the JavaScript in Internet Explorer which can be used later by you. The following are the steps for enabling the Sun JavaScript in Internet Explorer :
    1. First open your Internet Explorer.
    2. Then on the top menu click on the "Tools" button, after clicking this button scroll down and click "Internet Options".
    3. You will have to select the "Custom Level". You can do this by clicking on the "Security" tab and then clicking on the "Custom Level".
    4. After doing that scroll down and then click on the option "Enable" which would be residing under "Scripting of Java Applets".
    5. Lastly click OK to save the changes that you have made. And then click again OK to close the Internet Options window.
    By doing this JavaScript will get enabled in Internet Explorer.

Re: How to Enable Sun JavaScript in Opera?

Maybe you will need the options for the Opera browser. I thought providing the steps would help you or anyone else. Here are the steps to enable JavaScript in Opera :
    1. As usual, you would have to open your browser first. Here you will have to open the opera.
    2. After launching the Opera, click on the "Tools" button.
    3. In that option scroll down and click on the option "Preferences".
    4. Then afterward click on the "Content" button on the "Advanced" tab.
    5. After doing this you will have to check the option "Enable JavaScript".
    6. Click OK to save the settings. Then click the "Back" button on the web browser to return to the previous page and click "Reload" to run the JavaScript.

I have recently formatted my machine and then installed the Internet explorer as web-browser. When I tried to run the JavaScript on that, it ran successfully. So I think that if you are using the Internet Browser (latest version) you will not have to do any settings for enabling the JavaScript option. Atleast Internet Explorer support JavaScript by default but will allow you to manually disable it if you would like to. I don't know much about other browsers like Mozilla or Opera.