Thread: Java in oracle 9i database

Java in oracle 9i database

What is the existence of java in oracle. To run the java application based on oracle 9i,Suppose I am going to create a procedure or package. How would I execute that java program. Is there any tool provided by oracle database to run the java contents.If they exist then tell me how to install it.

Java in oracle 9i database

Java with oracle database:

When you install the oracle database then a option will always appear to install. It's depend on your use. The database installation always provide a tool to install for java based application called "JVM"(Java Virtual Machine).It enable you to execute the Java stored procedures, JDBC and SQLJ.

Configure your database template to install the JVM using Oracle Database Configuration Assistant.Select the JVM option to make your database java enabled.

Configuring the existing database for JVM

configuring an Existing Database to Include Oracle JVM :

You can configure your existing database to install the Java Virtual Machine(JVM) on which the JVM is not installed earlier.This task can be done using DBCA(Database Configuration Assistance).

The DBCA will guide and allow you with an option to install. Select the JVM option to install it.

Configuring Oracle JVM

Configuring Oracle JVM:

When you commit to install the JVM as a part of oracle tool.You need to configure it to use the proper resources of oracle tools like Database Configuration Assistant and the Oracle Net Assistant.
    There are three configuration you need to perform for execution of java classes.

1. Java memory requirements
    The size of JAVA_POOL_SIZE and SHARED_POOL_SIZE should be 20 MB and 50 MB respectively.
    2. Database processes
    As a user, you have to decide whichever process you need to use for your database server either Dedicated or Shared server.
    3. Connection protocol
    The network protocol for communication between client and database.The TTC protocol which is oracle specified protocol for database communication.

Use of DBMS_JAVA Package in oracle

Use of DBMS_JAVA package :

After installation of JVM on the database machine,the DBMS_JAVA package automatically creates through which you can access the methods and RDBMS functionality from java.
    The DBMS_JAVA package transport this particular entrypoints given below :

FUNCTION longname (shortname VARCHAR2) RETURN VARCHAR2

To know about the object and method which is held by DBMS_JAVA package,you can use the statement below :

Code:
    Select dbms_java.longname (object_name) from user_objects 
       where object_type = 'JAVA CLASS' and status = 'INVALID';