Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Joomla vs Mambo

Software Development

Old 03-02-2010

Joomla vs Mambo

Hi,

I need your help or guidance. I know there are many for Eg : HTML or use Joomla, Mambo, Postnuke, Php merger,etc. But more I like is Joomla and Mambo but I am still confused between Joomla and MamboIt would be ideal to integrate content to make almost a portal, but always the purpose it is to build a guide or Review. I hope you can help me. So Joomla vs Mambo, which one is the best ???

Old 03-02-2010

Re: Joomla vs Mambo

Joomla seems to have the best, but I create newsletters fast and stuff on it? I'm not the smartest high-tech, I have many HTML pages, but do not know any back end server side of things such as creating databases or whatever, so a CMS with immediate functionality in this regard , would be ideal. Joomla is also the financial support and back to the community in many ways, as in the area of the Days of Joomla and failure to crush international events. Mambo simply has no financial or logistical resources to provide those things.
Old 03-02-2010

Mambo also has a wide range of authentication and the mambot events system, making it easier for 3PDs to do things like add your own data, registration and approval from the routines of others without a completely rebuilt with the modules and components. On the Universal installation, but also allows developers to package various items together. For example, you can put the components, mambots and modules all in one package, and the end user need only install the package once and for all to be installed. No need to install each one individually.
Old 03-02-2010

Mambo is a stable and lightweight system that puts out exceptional performance on a busy site. Despite losing the original development team, the project is well managed and positive hope for the future development. Although a system of open source, Mambo can be easily integrated with LPG systems and commercial extensions. Mambo works best for small businesses and webmasters who do not require a lot of improvements and extensions. The main disadvantage is that Mambo has a smaller user community, Joomla, which means it may have to look far to get quality support.
Old 03-02-2010

Joomla is supported by a wide variety of extensions and the number is growing faster than any born of Mambo CMS. However, the new version of Joomla is a little heavier than the previous version and therefore may run slower depending on the server. This could make it real frustrating to keep your site fresh with updates. Furthermore, Joomla has taken an official position in which he asserts that the GPL commercial extensions are not to interact with the system API, essentially, ruling out any developers who do not want their extensions under the GPL.
Old 03-02-2010

Mambo works best for small businesses and webmasters who do not require a lot of improvements and extensions. Simply put, this system works best in a basic website that contains a minimum of interactive features. Joomla is the most suitable for small and medium enterprises with the need to create a site rich in content and access to a variety of third-party extensions.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,