Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010

Installing and uninstalling Oracle 9i on windows XP Operating system

I want to use the oracle 9i database for use of back end of my project. Can you tell me The various steps of installation procedure and what are the configuration should be exist to use it as a back end of my application and tell me also how to make good performance of my PC after installation.
I have heard that after installing oracle PC becomes very slow.How to tune my system ??????
Old 02-02-2010

Installation and uninstallation Oracle 9i on windows XP

The oracle comes with three disks. The tool "Universal Uninstaller" is being used to install and uninstall the oracle products.

The installation of oracle 9i requires

RAM : 256 MB minimum and 512 MB recommended
Virtual memory :Double the amount of RAM
Disk space :Basic Installation 2.04 GB and Advanced Installation 1.94 GB respectively
Processor :550 MHz minimum
Old 02-02-2010

Installing Oracle 9i on windows XP

Installation procedure of Oracle 9i:
  • Insert the 1 of 3rd disk into CD-ROM and execute the setup on the disk.
  • A wizard will appear named Oracle universal installer click on NEXT
  • A new wizard will appear, specify the source and destination and click on NEXT
  • The New wizard will ask you about installation option,choose Oracle Database 9.0.1.1.1 and click NEXT
  • The new wizard will ask you about installation type, choose Enterprise edition and go for NEXT.
  • Select "General purpose" and go NEXT.
  • Enter the name of global database.
  • Select the location for data files.
  • Choose the default character set for the database.
  • Now click on INSTALL button and wait till 100% completes.
  • The new database would be created and ask you about the password for "SYS" and "SYSTEM" schema.
  • Enter the password for both schema and click EXIT.
  • Now next screen would be appear as "End of installation",click EXIT from installation.
Old 02-02-2010

uninstalling Oracle 9i on windows XP

Uninstallation of Oracle 9i:
  • Here I am going to elaborate the procedure to remove it from XP machine.
  • Go to Start => Programs => Oracle Installation Products => Universal Installer
  • The welcome wizard will be open, select "Deinstall Products"
  • A expand the hierarchy of list and make sure all have been selected.
  • The screen will come up and Click on REMOVE button.
  • The confirmation box will ask about your confirmation click on YES and Press EXIT button to Exit from the process.
Old 02-02-2010

Managing services of Oracle 9i on windows

When you install the Oracle 9i on windows,there are so many services start randomly which degrade the performance of your computer system. If you don't want to use oracle database for some moments and working on another application but that services are running in the background and taking so much CPU usage and prevent the execution of other applications.

In this case, you need to stop those services through windows tools.To do this you need to follow these instructions :
  • Go to Start=>Control panel=>Choose Administrative tools and click on Services icon.
  • A windows appears choose all Oracle services and make it DISABLE and whenever you want to use it make it ENABLE

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,