Thread: Flash MX 2004 stopped working

Flash MX 2004 stopped working

Recently my Flash MX 2004 software stopped working. I am using this flash MX 2004 from the last few years, it always worked fine on the other computers but when i bought a new laptop earlier in this year and from that day i was not able to use the same copy of this software to work on my laptop. Previously i was working on windows XP and my new laptop is having Vista. I think it may be the problem of OS.
    I tried to run it on XP compatability mode as a admin, all the stuff which was required i reinstalled it. idk whats wrong but i want it working so i can make more flash movies. Now, the issue is that when i run Flash it keeps closing all the time, when i try to do something i get a message stating that "flash has stopped working", and it givie me 'close' as the only option.

Re: Flash MX 2004 stopped working

I think that you have a Operating System problem, as you have stated that you switched from windows xp to windows vista which is a big issue. As microsoft launched the new version which is vista in that most of the application of xp doesn't work on vista. As you have a new laptop so you should see the compability of thesoftware with your laptop online and if needed then just upgrade Flash MX 2004 to version to work on vista.

I think you need a new version of recent version of the flash software, or you can use an alternative program that could help you in Vista compatibility.
    If the problem persist I think you should considered in switching from Vista to Windows 7 Professional edition which was released on 22-October. The greatest thing of this W7 is that it has a built-in XP mode which allow all old software to run on it. If you want then you can set up a new partition and install XP on it if have XP disc. This will provide you an option where you can select your system to boot into XP or Vista. It works very well.

I have got some new information i hopefully that it will help you out. I am also facing same kind of problem, it was like i was when ever i was clicking on the tool panel, i found that there was a gap between tools there i was clicking always on the unused surface where it is grey. Now that you know what was the matter, may be realize and you can now try to avoid clicking on the grey surface. Hope this will work.

If you will see that there are newer versions of flash which you are using. But it might be expensive for you as the newer version cost more comparable to the previous versions. I have seen the layout of the new versions, it is preferred great as flash MX looks. I think there are other flash animation programs too but Flash is only for flash animations. So you can try for the newer versions as they could be compatible with your Vista.