Thread: What is Trusted and Untrusted applet?

What is Trusted and Untrusted applet?

Hi friends,

What is Trusted and Untrusted applet ?. I am not aware about the Trusted and Untrusted applet. I only know the java programming for simple applet program. But trusted/untrusted applet is new concept for me. Are these special types of applet?. Please let me know about trusted/untrusted applet along with the differentiation. I would appreciate you any help over this.

Re: What is Trusted and Untrusted applet?

As per the classical model of security for the applets performance there are basic two types of the applets i.e Trusted and Untrusted. The untrusted applet doesn't have access to local and untrusted applets. While the trusted applet has access to local as well as external applet. It mean the the access capability of bot these applets are entirely opposite of each other. The trusted applet contains few limitations as compare to untrusted applet.

Trusted applets of java are not related to any security restrictions. So that it can be used to open connections to any host . While the untrusted applet relates to the some access restriction. The trusted applet in java offers specific operations and which are useful for to enable the network connections. The untrusted applet is important in situation when we want to apply some security restriction for network connection.

The basic use of untrusted applet is to implements the security mechanism for to access the local and external applet. If an administrator does not trust the users who will use applets, it should prevent that, inadvertently or disregard dangers, they accept to trust an applet signed. In this case, the applet will have only the permissions that are set in the security policy installed on the computer. To this must be added to the permissions granted to the applet permission "usepolicy".

Hi,

Java Applets which are loaded over the network is also not have permission to load libraries. It also doesn't have permission to define native method calls and which is used to provide access. If you consider trusted applet for the same function, then the trusted applet has permission fro loading of libraries as well the native method calls. The conclusion of this is that the trusted applets doesn't comprises any restriction of security.

Hi friend,

The 'Trusted applet' comprises freedom to perform operations as like local application. It has permission which is identical to local applications. The of the JVM designers assumed that the user of the application start applications and which is based on it's own initiative. So it take responsibility for the behavior of the application on it's machine. This applet code is referred as 'trusted applet'.