Thread: Help needed for editing the table in Visual Web developer.

Help needed for editing the table in Visual Web developer.

Actually I am new to the working environment of Visual Web developer in visual studio 2010. Previously I used to work with table in the pure HTML. But now I have decided to upgrade myself with the new technology but I am facing the problems in editing the table in Visual Web developer of Visual Studio 2010. So I am really in need of help for editing the tables. If I design the table it works fine when I run the program in the browser but the problem arises when I try to edit it. I will be waiting the related relies.

Re: Configure the web page in the correct manner.

You are having the problem with the working with the tables in Visual Web developer in visual studio 2010 may be you have not configured it properly. Sometimes faults in the configuration result in the abrupt manner. So for that follow the steps given below.
    1. First of all you need to open the Visual Web developer
    2. Now click on the “File” menu and select the “New Website”
    3. Make sure that you click the “ASP.NET Web site” which is given under “Visual Studio installed templates. ”
    4. Now in the location box enter the location where you want to save the web site
    5. After that you have to select the programming language you want to prefer.
    6. At the last you have to click “OK” and you will get the new page with the name “Default.aspx”

Re: Create the correct page layout.

I think there may be a problem with the page layout of the table you are creating. For the creating the correct page layout with the table follow the steps given below.
    1. Open the design view of the page you are working on.
    2. Now in the layout menu you have to click “Insert Table”
    3. After that an “Insert Table” dialog box will appear in front of the screen.
    4. Now you have to select the template you want to have.
    5. In the “Template” list given to you, you have to select the “Header and side.”
    6. Finally click on “OK” and the work is done.

Re: Help needed for editing the table in Visual Web developer.

If you are working with the tables you need to know how to add a table for the form table this will help you to work in a better way. For that purpose you have to follow the steps given below.
    1. Toolbox has the HTML group from this group you have to drag a “table” element on the page.
    2. After that you will see a table with three columns and three rows which are empty.
    3. For moving the table you have to move the mouse pointer over table so that four headed arrow appears.
    4. Clicking on that four head arrow you can move the table in the required direction.
    5. Be careful while deleting the rows or the columns of the table, because it may change the whole look of the table.

Re: Help needed for editing the table in Visual Web developer.

Most of the method working with table are mentioned in the above replies the thing which is left is that how to set the characteristics of page layout table. For setting the page layout characteristics of the table you have to follow the steps given below.
    1. You can click on the top cell of the page layout table.
    2. Now the thicker border around the cell will be the cell where editing can be performed.
    3. Now in the property window you have to click the button given in the style box.
    4. Through this you can view the “Style Builder” dialog box which can be use to change the style.
    5. You can edit as many style of the table using the properties window and the same changes can be viewed in the code view. If you want you can switch between the two.