Thread: How to Design a Windows Forms Application in VB.NET?

How to Design a Windows Forms Application in VB.NET?

I am newbie to the Visual Basic.NET. Now I have to design a windows form application. So anyone can explain me how to Design a Windows Forms Application in VB.NET? I am using the Visual Studio 2008, so please guide me accordingly. Also give me detailed information about the windows form application. It will be greatly appreciable if you provide me some sample of coding..!! Hoping that someone will help soon..!!!
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Re: How to Design a Windows Forms Application in VB.NET?

You can use the Windows Forms Designer that allows you to add controls to a form, arrange them, and write code for their events. You can add components, data controls, or Windows-based controls to a form by using the designer. Then you will have to double-click the form in the designer and write code in the Load event for that form, or double-click a control on the form and write code for the control's default event. Then by selecting the control and typing a name, you can edit a control's Text property. Adjust the placement of the selected control by moving it with the mouse or the ARROW keys. By using the SHIFT+click or CTRL+click, you can select the multiple controls.

I think that building Windows applications is not difficult with the help of Visual Studio. You should change a few of the Visual Studio options, before you start your first Windows Forms application with Visual Studio 2008. You may also want to change the import and export settings. You will have to use the Options dialog box, to set the options for Visual Studio. You can set the default project location by typing a path directly into the text box. This will set the default location for new projects, but you can always override the default when you create a new project. You may want to use the Startup group within the Environment group to stop the display of the Start Page.

You may have to change the import and export settings. You’re asked what Default Environment Settings you want to use, when you start first time Visual Studio 2008. The five options that you get including the Visual Basic, Visual C#, and Web. You have to choose from this. Your choice affects what items are available from some menus and what buttons are available from the Standard toolbar. For example, you choose the Visual Basic settings, you open a project with the File->Open Project command. But if you choose the Visual C# settings, you open a project with the File->Open-> Project/Solution command. You will have to choose the Reset All Settings option from the Import and Export Settings Wizard. Then choose the Yes, Save My Current Settings. Lastly use choose the Visual Basic Development Settings option.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

I am providing you the list, that shows the Toolbox tabs available to the Windows Forms Designer. Hope that will help you while designing a Windows Forms Application in VB.NET. Following is the list :
    • Common Controls.
    • Containers.
    • All Windows Forms.
    • Data.
    • Menus & Toolbars.
    • Components.
    • Dialogs.
    • Printing.
    • Crystal Reports.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

It is supposed to return a value, to implement a function. The following is an example of the same :
    Code:
    Function CalculateArea(Radius)
      CalculateArea = Radius * Radius * 3.14
    End Function
    If you want to call the Function, you can use the return value of a function in an event or another function. Make sure you include the argument(s) of the function between parentheses. Like in the following example :
    Code:
    number = CalculateArea(100)