Thread: Problems Inserting a VBScript into HTML Page?

Problems Inserting a VBScript into HTML Page?

Hi Friends,
    I am having problem while inserting scripts into a HTML page. I want to know the method that can insert script into HTML. I can use any scripts like JavaScript or VBScript. Please explain me how to insert a script into HTML Page? If possible please provide the sample of the coding using the same. No matter which script you are giving in example, from that I will get the idea of using the another script into HTML page.!
    Last edited by Viensterrr; 29-01-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

Re: How to Insert a Script into HTML Page?

Normally you add scripts to HTML pages to make them more dynamic and interactive. I have given you the coding for inserting a script into HTML Page, so that you can understand it more better. The script that I have used is VBScript. So you can adjust it accordingly, if you want another script. Here is coding for that :
    Code:
    <html>
    <body>

<script type="text/vbscript">
    document.write("Hello World!")
    </script>

</body>
    </html>
    A script in HTML is defined with the <script> tag. Note that you will have to use the type attribute to specify the scripting language.
    The script above will produce this output:
    Code:
    Hello World!

Extremely Thanks 'Allan.d', for providing the help. Actually it worked for me. But when I am trying to run this script on my Office's system, its not working properly. I think that the browser is not supporting the <script> tag. You think that this is possible..??? You think that something is wrong with my browser.? Please help me soon as I have to work on that system.!
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

I think that there is something wrong with your browser. You have not mentioned which browser you are using.?! If you are using the Mozilla or other browser, other than the Internet Explorer, then I would like to suggest you to use the Internet Explorer. Many times it happens with the other browser due to the issue of the compatibility. And if this error is coming on Internet Explorer, then try to reinstall that browser. Install the updated version of the browser. Because I have used the script tag in number of machines, but I never got an issue mentioned by you. The script tag is definitely supported by Internet Browser but I don't know about the others. Hope that this methods will sort out your problem.

Sometimes it happens that your browser doesn't recognize the <script> tag. Also sometimes it happens that it supports the <script> tag but do not support the script inside. In such scenario you would have to use the <noscript> tag to define an alternate text if a script is NOT executed. However, if a browser supports the script inside the <script> tag it will ignore the <noscript> tag.
    Code:
    <script type="text/vbscript">
    <!--
    document.write("Hello World!")
    '-->
    </script>
    <noscript>Your browser does not support VBScript!</noscript>
    Hope that this coding will help you.!