Thread: Problem in java server code

Problem in java server code

Hello,
    We are asked to create a server on which customers make the request, what I did without too much concern. I realize a server and a client, and when the client connects to the server, the server creates what I call a dialogue, in fact, a thread that make the connection between the client and server.
    And the demands of every client are actually stored in lists, waiting to be processed.
    But things get complicated We must realize that the windows will handle these requests, and once each application is processed, sent a message to the client INFORMATION. But I do not understand:
    - Which will create the counters?
    - How will they communicate with the server so that it returns the response to the client?
    - We must create both servers?
    So, basically I have problem in the server side of the code. Any help on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Remedy; 29-01-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Re: Problem in java server code

Hello,
    To me the window is exactly the same as your "dialogue box". Is it specified that the "window" must connect to the server? Otherwise a small track for improvement:
    - Use java.nio to be able to control the number of threads and therefore can handle more customers.
    Try the java.nio package, there you can find many new and useful classes.

Hello,
    There would be a server as a host that welcomes guests so customers the processing server that would handle requests from clients
    So the client connects to Home. Home it connects (and the connection is permanent) to the server processing and server processing requests and sends to the counters corresponding. What do you think? is / it feasible / logical?

Hello,
    Even I a problem with the same kind of a program in java networking. The concern obviously is that the points are assigned a type of applications, there are at least 5 counters but a charge may at any time to reassign a request type. Anyway, I initially realized that works on this principle:
    a client connects to the Home server , can ask for some request, the server accentual stores all DNS requests a list (not yet done because I also store the type of request every time I put one in the list and I want a solution to store, therefore, demand and type in the list, then that server can process, taking as and was able to list the applications and put them in lists assigned a certain type of application, yes it is complicated ).

Hello,
    Even I had tried the same kind of a program few days before. Home server connects to the server processing and should pass it lists all applications (in fact I can put the list of application "Public static" as the server ca treatment can access it) and then treatment should distribute applications into their corresponding lists (still do), and then the teller must dip into their list of such requests granted, treated the application and then sent the message to the right customer (who made the relevant application) stating that his application has been processed.

Hello,
    This is going to be interesting. In any case, your server host is very similar to a server type MOM (Message Oriented Middle-ware). Let me explain what kind of middle-ware runs on the principle of publish / subscribe. And this is typically what you do in your project. Your client publishes a request in a queue and a message window, it receives a message from the message queue to which it subscribes. So you can perhaps inspire you to what is done for this kind of server.