Thread: What is Data Binding?

What is Data Binding?

I am beginner programmer in the programming world. I have been studying the programming languages like C++, C sharp, Java , SQL and PHP. I have got a mini project to develop and main aim of it is to achieve data binding. I am not that much aware of data binding, what does data binding means and why we use it? Please help me.

Re: What is Data Binding?

The data binding is the very important and useful mechanism in the programming world. Data Binding is one of the strong principle of Object Oriented Programming. Data binding in C++ refers to the creating the data or variables as well as functions that will operate on this data into a single(one) unit and the unit is consider as a class. In simple words, data binding means grouping all the data together. It also known as hiding data. Hope your problem will be solved.

I would say that data binding will provide a way for developers/programmers to make a read or write link between the controls on a form and the data in their application. Usually, data binding is used inside applications to get advantage of data stored in databases. The Windows Forms data binding helps you to access data from databases as well as data in other structures, such as arrays and collections. Hope you will understand the term Data Binding.

According to me, data binding is one of the principles of the Object Oriented Programming and it means, the ability to store data in variables for programming use. The simple example would be an integer: int age = 22, in this we are just binding the number '22' to the variable 'age'. A age can be substituted for 22 anywhere within the scope of that variable. In other words, data binding is grouping or binding all the data's together. Hope you will understand the concept of data binding.

I think that data binding is mainly about creating the connections between beans or objects, and about synchronizing the properties of two different objects. Data binding has the ability to store data in variables for program use. According to me, data binding is very interesting with the swing components, and this it have application objects, and you want to bind them to user interface components. By this, the UI components can show the values of those application objects.

I would give you knowledge/information about DataBinding with considering .Net language. Data Binding is a powerful feature which will allow visual elements in a client to connect to a data source such as DataSets, DataViews, Arrays etc. Some of the visual elements in the client can be TextBox, Datagrid etc. A two way connection is created such that any changes made to the datasource are reflected immediately in the visual element and vice-versa.