Thread: Open a file in a jar

Open a file in a jar

Hello everyone,
    I am currently developing an eclipse wizard, but my question is a little broader. So my sources are compiled into a wizard.jar, inside of which I have a resources folder, containing a foo.txt. I wish I could read a class file from the jar, but when I read ( "resources / foo.txt"), it does not work. I tried to look on the net an answer to this question, but not found one. Do you know how this can be done. Thank you in advance.

Re: Open a file in a jar

Hello,
    Even I am trying some thing like this. I tried to do this
    InputStream foo = getClass().getResource("resources / foo.txt").openStream();
    But this did not worked. I am really confused with this concept. So, if you guys can help me it would be great. I have even I have tried some other method and ideas but they did not worked for me.

Hello,
    Actually it does not work as I did. The null stream is obtained, probably because he did not find resources / foo.txt ... I'm not sure what path he should put, basically my source is in / src / foo.txt and in / resources /. But I tried to replace ".. / resources / foo.txt", and it does not work better. Any idea about it, how to solve this problem.

Hello,
    I think you should use the following line of code,
    InputStream foo = test.class.getResourceAsStream("example" + "foo.txt");
    Though I have not tried such example in my code career, but I think this should work for you. I am not saying that the only line will work for you. You have a add some logic to it and then with the logic you have to add this line and try to get the result. Just try it and see if it works.

Hello,
    Well I always have the same problem with my code, these are the methods I have tried till now
    InputStream t1 = WizardXMLPage.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("../../ resources / patchs.xsd ");
    And this logic
    InputStream t1 = WizardXMLPage.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("/ resources / patchs.xsd");
    And this too
    InputStream t1 = WizardXMLPage.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("resources /
    Other than these if you have some methods to use or some different logic then please let me know.

Hello,
    InputStream is = getClass().getResourceAsStream("/ resources / foo.txt");
    should work if the file foo.txt is in the package resource if you have something like wizard / resources / foo.txt it is necessary that you leave from the wizard. Otherwise tried to put the same package as the class that operates to a simple
    InputStream is = getClass().getResourceAsStream("foo.txt");
    Try this and if you have any other problem then do post back with the error message , the error message helps us detect exactly what is the error in the code.