Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-01-2010

Jar file not executable

Hello,
I have a small problem with one. jar. I am under linux. I run java-jar example.jar, it works and when I click on the file directly, it launches nothing. In fact, what I want to do is an executable jar file for windows and linux. I mess, I seek the spirits of tools that do this, c but not obvious. The .jar executable is not top, I like the application detects if the JVM is installed or not, as the eclipse. Do you have any idea about the problem.
Old 29-01-2010

Re: Jar file not executable

Hello,
For windows, it works, a shot JSMOOTH to create the executable, and a shot of a NSIS installer. By linux cons, always research, yet for linux, I do not care a bit of setup, because generally what has been Linux, know how to use a machine and therefore need not install prog just one. tar, and decompression, and we launches the executable.
Old 29-01-2010

Hello
Maybe you've already thought of that, KDE what I did was simple. A file .Sh with the command you have above. When you double click, miracle application launches. Another thing I change the attribute with chmod to make it executable.
1 You create your sh
2 you do a chmod to make it executable chmod + x example.sh
3 you put a link on the desktop kde.
Old 29-01-2010

Hello,
Thank you for your idea, I had thought, but the concern is for what had not java installed on the machine. I wanted an application like JSMOOTH for linux but it has not been seen yet. But anyway, in the end, I will make the executable as you suggest is the best solution And the client agrees, too, as for windows, it works as she wants.
Old 29-01-2010

Hello,
java is platform independent, so the programs made in java will run on very machine which has an jvm installed. And also the jar file works on each and every machine. So, you can create a jar file and it will be executable on every machine. If you want to create a jar file follow this
Quote:
jar cf jar-file file(s)
This is the general form of the command. Here c means to create a jar file. More details on how to create a jar file can be found on the sun's java official site.
Old 29-01-2010

Hello,
Yes the idea is that the top is being used in the carton and I work to provide a Java application. We must set the shell command that starts the program. It has the advantage of not being dependent on the automatic updates of JRE. But even I think you should not have any problem to create a jar file and yes even I think it will work on very operating system.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,