Thread: Does anyone know what is Application blocks?

Does anyone know what is Application blocks?

Hi All,

I am BSc(IT) student, studying in second year. I need you help to get solution over my one query. My what query is that, 'what is Application blocks'?. I don't anything regarding the Application blocks. Even I don't know it's use. I appreciate your help if you are able to help me to understand the Application blocks. I am waiting for you reply.

Re: Does anyone know what is Application blocks?

Hi,

The application blocks are modular and extensible. Scalability is typically achieved through a provider model; block delegates part of its work to a supplier, which implements a base class or interface used by the block. While a block is usually provided with some suppliers Prepackaged (e.g a block that allows the connection to the event log Windows or a block that allows you to read and write data in SQL Server), other suppliers can be developed and replaced via the definition of provider type in the configuration block.

The application blocks are controlled by a configuration, which means that this configuration is used to define their behavior. Application blocks are re-usable source code components that are common development challenges. This configuration can be defined in a configuration file. NET normal or can be created and injected into the power application at runtime. Part of the setup consists of typical values, such as numbers that define the conditions for a given behavior. But as regards the application blocks, configuration is also used to define extensions of the elementary block.

Application blocks provides a comprehensive environment for creating scalable as well as robust application. While Enterprise Library comprises several blocks of the useful application, you can also integrate your own reusable components. Another advantage of application blocks is the fact that these plug-and-play components form a layer over the .NET Framework. These components can be easily be integrated and customized to suite your requirements.

Hello friend,

A block implementation is a complex code involving many classes that interact. An application block consists of the component implementation and component design optional. But as regards the application blocks, configuration is also used to define extensions of the elementary block. The runtime component contains the implementation of the logic of the library. This is the file that you reference in your project if you want to use the application block. The development component involves implementing several steps.

Application blocks is nothing but reusable source code components and these components can be easily be integrated and customized to suite your requirements. A block implementation adds complexity to the library and the dependency on other blocks in Enterprise Library. For example, data access is a necessity very often. If you integrate your application block in Enterprise Library, you can write a provider for your optional block, using the application block data access. When this is done correctly, an additional dependency is created from the application block data access if you do not need access to data, you can avoid this dependency.