Thread: Don't know about the JSP advantages

Don't know about the JSP advantages

Hi friends,

I have to discuss one JSP query with you. I am not able to understand the advantages of JSP(Java Server Pages). According to my knowledge the functionality if JSP is quit similar to CGI technology. I have referred various books for to understand the JSP advantages but didn't get proper information. I wonder if you are able to explain me some advantages of JSP. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Don't know about the JSP advantages

The benefit of JSP is to write Java code in HTML pages. It is easy to embedded java components into the Dynamic pages wit the JSP. JSP containers provide easy way for accessing standard objects and actions.JSP are translated and compiled into JAVA servlets but are easier to develop than JAVA servlets. JSP segregates both static as well as dynamic content wherein the JSP and HTML programmer can carry out their work almost independently.

Hi friend,

JSP is server side programming language and used as presentation layer.One of advantages of jsp is that we can embed java program into HTML page using special tags. JSP technology offers the rapid development of the Web based applications and which are platform independent. We choose the JSP if the code is rather oriented display (HTML) and choose a servlet if the page is rather than treatment as a controller.

JSP(Java Server Pages) is basically used for to separates the user interface from the content generation. This technique enables designers for to change the overall page layout and without altering any underlying dynamic content. Suppose there is a change in the code, then we don't have to recompile the jsp code. It will automatically does the compilation. by using custom tags and tag libraries the length of the java code is reduced. JSP uses simplified scripting language based syntax for embedding HTML into JSP.

JSP is used only for to allow the deportation of a max of code out of pages, which leads to code much cleaner, better organized and more easily maintainable. JSP represents all the benefits provided by JAVA servlets and web container environment. You can use JSP technology without learning how to write Java scriplets. The JSP has an added advantage of being simpler and more natural program for web enabling enterprise developer. It is portable to other operating systems and non-Microsoft Web servers.

The advantage of JSP is that you can encode JSP without Java . Thus it is easier to divide work among Java developers (for Servlet and Taglibs specific) and Web developers working on JSP . For example, imagine a servlet that will display the search results:
    * If you are using a Servlet, the generation of the result page is fairly complex Java code (lots of out.println () and data access). If you do not pose a problem is another matter for a web designer who does not know Java .
    * If you are using a JSP, the code to access data that is heavy enough, because the Java code in a JSP is not super. The Web designer is a little less lost, but the big block of Java code remains a big obstacle .