Thread: Convert string to binary in java

Convert string to binary in java

Hello,
    I need your help I'm doing some algorithm (cipher "cryptography"). During my work I encounter a small problem. Following the principle of IDEA I need to convert my secret key (must be 128 bits == 8 characters) into binary for the shift of 25 positions to the left, but I do not know the method that performs it. I find in the course of my research that the method parseInt () converts the string int, it can convert only 8 bits == 1characters and I find a method parseInt (String, 27) and I have not understood why 27 because it allows me to convert 4characters. How exactly a string is converted to binary in java. Can you help me and i will great for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Convert string to binary in java

Hi,
    During my work I encounter a small problem. Following the principle of IDEA I need to convert my secret key (must be 128 bits == 8 characters) into binary for the shift of 25 positions to the left, but I do not know the method that performs it.
    You can do this by
    byte[] b = ex.getBytes();
    I find a method parseInt (String, 27) and I have not understood why 27 because it allows me to convert 4characters.
    It is used to convert a string into a number in base 27.

Hello,
    byte[] b = ex.getBytes();
    I doubt that it works. The characters in Java and therefore the string is in unicode (16 bit), it does not provide 128 bit late but 256.
    byte [] b = ex.getBytes ( "UTF-8");
    should work better.

Hello,
    I doubt that it works. The characters in Java and therefore the string is in unicode (16 bit), it does not provide 128 bit late but 256.
    byte [] b = ex.getBytes ( "UTF-8");
    I never said that it should return a number of bytes equal to the number of characters in the string (it depends on the charset of the machine as indicated in the doc). Anyway, your solution is better, I agree with this. But this is true that both the methods will work here. I accept that the method shown is more reliable.

Hello,
    Thank you, but the result of this function does not return to me a sequence of binary numbers (110110 ...) I'll give you an example to better understand: exString = 'forum development "; my result should be = 001011011 ... (which should not be a string but a binary number). Thank you in advance. I think now you have understood what I am asking for.

Hello,
    The problem here is that your string necessarily becomes a table where each row contains one byte. And now you need to apply the offset to the left of 25 on all those bytes that represent your chain? Or you can do on each byte separately? But what are you going to do with the bits, the bytes are the low level data, I think they are more than enough.