Thread: How to use the CSS property window in Visual Studio 2010?

How to use the CSS property window in Visual Studio 2010?

I am a new bee to Visual Studio 2010 development. I have a basic idea how to work with the Cascading Style Sheet and the properties related to the Cascading Style Sheet. I want to know how to work with the property window of the Cascading style sheet of Visual Studio 2010. I have the theoretical knowledge that the use can use the cascading style sheet property window for managing the style sheet of the web page. But I want to know the practical application of it.

Re: Sections of CSS property window

First of all you must the particular of the cascading style sheet in Visual Studio 2010. The cascading style sheet property window is divided in the four main sections. I will discuss all the four sections one by one.
    1. Sorting buttons: This button is used for sorting the list of properties. This sorting can be done alphabetically or according to the category.
    2. Summary button: This button is used for listing the properties of all styles that can affect the selected item
    3. Applied Rules: This button is used for listing all the styles that affect the element of the page.
    4. CSS properties: This section is used for viewing the set of cascading style sheet properties for the selected style.

Re: Creating a new style through CSS property window

I will tell you how to create a new style using the cascading style sheet properties window. For creating the new style through the cascading style sheet property window you have to follow the given simple steps.
    1. In the designer window select the element which wants to add the style.
    2. Now for creating an inline style in the cascading style sheet property window you have right click in the applied rule section.
    3. After that you have to click New Inline Style.
    4. For adding the new style to the page, in the cascading style sheet property window, you have to right click on applied rules and then click the “New Style”
    5. Now in the “Applied Rules” list you have to select an element, an element ID or an element CSS class.
    6. After that set the style properties in the cascading style sheet properties.

Re: How to use the CSS property window in Visual Studio 2010?

If you want to modify the style through cascading style sheet properties widow. You can do this by following the simple steps given below. Cascading style sheet property window can used of changing the format or the styling of a single element or that element which share a cascading style sheet class.
    For modifying the properties of a style follow the simple steps.
    1. First of all select an element, an inline style, an element ID, or an element cascading style sheet class from the “Applied Rules” list of the cascading style sheet property window
    2. Now you have to choose the properties from the cascading style sheet properties.

Re: How to use the CSS property window in Visual Studio 2010?

I will tell you how to view the summary of all properties applied to a selection.
    1. First you have to select the element and then you have to click the summary for switching to summary mode.
    2. For outline the associated style rules under the “Applied Rules” you have to click a property under the cascading style sheet properties.
    3. After that you have to just switch the “summary” button for going out of the summary mode.