Thread: How to Convert VB6 code to C#

How to Convert VB6 code to C#

I have coded an application in Visual basic 6.0 but now i want to convert this code (application) in to the C# language. Please tell me how can i convert VB6.0 code to C#. Is there any language translator available to achieve this conversion. Please help me pertaining to this matter any help would be appreciated highly.

Re: How to Convert VB6 code to C#

I think that you will have to convert the VB6 code to VB.Net first and after converting this VB 6.0 code to VB.Net code you can change it to the C # language. as far as i know the VB.net is a language which can run any program written in any programming language. Hence i think it would be better if you ae using the VB.Net .

You can do this conversion by finding some websites which does online conversion of codes such as the developerfusion.com . After visiting this website you will see a large text area in which you will have to paste your code and after that press the convert button. This will generate the code in the language you prefer. But i am not sure of the security of your code.
    Last edited by kelfro; 27-01-2010 at 09:50 PM.

I am not aware of any method which will directly convert your code to your desired preferably. But if your VB 6.0 code is working properly you could compile it as a DLL(dynamic link libraries ) and add it to the references in your C# project. This will help you to run your VB 6.0 code in the C# compiler . If nothing has worked for you so far try this.

It is possible if you are using the Instant C# converter. This program converts the VB code to C# code instantly. With Instant C#, You can convert the VB 6.0 code to the C# code by just clicking a button. The C# code produced is closer to functional production-quality code than the code produced by any other VB to C# converter on the market today.

As far as i now you can't convert VB6 to any of the .Net Language easily. Because the VB.Net is an object oriented language and VB6 is a linear language, you actually have to rewrite these codes. I will suggest you a simple way to achieve this try to create a class in VB.Net and translate all of your VB6 functions into it. You can make use of code converter but the rely on those codes.