Thread: What are the different types of Inheritance in C++?

What are the different types of Inheritance in C++?

I am beginner(new) programmer in this vast programming world. I am learning the programming languages like C++, Java, DBMS, HTML and SQL. Right now, i am learning the C++ language and also practicing simple programs in it. Now, i want to proceed further and learn about the inheritance, i know what does inheritance, but wants to know what are different types of Inheritance? Please help me.

Re: What are the different types of Inheritance in C++?

Inheritance is the most basic and important concept in The Object Oriented Programming. And this concept is also used C++ programming language. Inheritance is a concept of linking two or more classes to each other in such a manner so that the properties and functions of their can be shared. In other words, one class will extend to another class. The different types of inheritance are as follows: Simple/Single Inheritance, Multilevel Inheritance, Hierarchical Inheritance, Multiple Inheritance and Hybrid Inheritance.

I am also new(beginner) to the programming world. Inheritance is very useful and important mechanism which is been used by every programmer in today's world. Till now what i have learn is that there are two types of inheritance and they are:
    1] Single Inheritance and
    2] Multiple Inheritance.
    Single Inheritance is the one, which will derive a class from only one base class. And multiple inheritance is the one, which will derive a class from more than one base class. Hope you will be able to understand the inheritance concept clearly.

According to me, the Inheritance is the concept which will inherit the properties of one class to another class. And maybe this is also known as class structure again. The different types of Inheritance are as follows:
    1] Single class Inheritance: It will derive a class from only one base class.
    2] Multilevel Inheritance: It has number of levels of classes.
    3] Multiple Inheritances: It derive a class from more than one base class.
    4] Hierarchical Inheritance: Help us to create a baseless for number of classes and those numbers of classes can have further their branches of number of class.
    5] Hybrid Inheritance: It allows mixtures of number of inheritances.

I am also learning the C++ programming language. And right now i am learning the Inheritance chapter only in it. Firstly, inheritance is a mechanism which allows us to use properties and functions of each other classes. Till now i have learned three types of inheritance and are as follows:
    ->Single Inheritance: Only one base class and one derived class access member functions, data members from it. And derived class cannot behave again as base class.
    ->Multiple Inheritance: There are 2 base classes and one derived class which has been derived from both base classes.
    ->Hierarchical Inheritance: In this, one common base class and derived class are present and from those another classes are derived.

My knowledge about the C++ programming language says that there Seven types of inheritance and they are as following:
    1)Single inheritance, 2)Multiple inheritance, 3)Multi-level inheritance, 4)Hybrid inheritance, 5)Multipath inheritance, 6)Hierarchical inheritance, and 7)Virtual Path inheritance. And out of this seven types, most commonly and simple to use is Multiple,Multilevel and Hierarchical Inheritance.