Thread: Why Navigation Button Disappear On The Data Report?

Why Navigation Button Disappear On The Data Report?

I am having problems with the navigation button which are placed at the bottom of the data report. I am using the navigation button for displaying the number of records. Due to some reason the Navigation Button Disappear On The Data Report. I need this navigation button to view all the pages. Also can anyone tell me what are the Control Arrays in Visual Basic 6.?? Please provide me helpful information.!!
    Thanx in advance.
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Why Navigation Button Disappear On The Data Report?

Several times it happens that Navigation Buttons Disappear when being published. When you try to publish, directly to the web FTP site or just the Preview within Publisher, the navigation menus and buttons disappear. If you are facing the same problem then there might be the compatibility issue with Internet Explorer and Publisher 2003 and 2007. So first thing you will have to check that whether, is there any compatibility issue.? By doing this you can troubleshoot the problem.

I am providing some facts that applies to the control arrays :
    • The set of controls that form a control array must be all of the same type. Like if you are using textboxes, labels, buttons, the control array must be all of the same type.
    • You can set the Index property of each control in the array to a non-negative value and you can also set up a control array by naming one or more controls of the same type the same name.
    • The properties of the controls in the control array can change.

If you want to refer to a member of a control array, the following is the Syntax for that :
    Code:
    ControlName(Index)[.Property]
    For Example : If you want to refer to the Text property of the first element of an array of textboxes called txtField, you can use the following syntax :
    Code:
    txtField(0).Text

You will have to perform the following steps to build a sample application that uses a control array :
    • First of all start a new VB project. Then place a command button toward the bottom of the form and set its properties.
    • Click the command button once to select it. Then Copy it, you can copy it by pressing Ctrl+C or right clicking the mouse and then selecting the option copy.
    • Click on an open area of the form and Paste. You can paste by pressing the Ctrl+V or right clicking the mouse and then selecting the option paste. Respond Yes, when the message "You already have a control named 'cmdTest'. Do you want to create a control array?" comes. By doing this VB automatically set the Index property of the original command button to 0 and set the Index of the pasted control to 1.
    • Place the following code in the cmdTest_Click event:
      Code:
      Private Sub cmdTest_Click(Index As Integer)
      Print cmdTest(Index).Caption
      End Sub
    • Lastly run the project.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth