Thread: Problem in server side code

Problem in server side code

Hello,
    I created a communication module Client / Server for the exchange of messages. The client uses the following method to connect to server:
    Code:
    InetAddress ad = InetAddress.getByName("localhost");
    Socket server = new Socket(ad,80);
    The local connection is successful, the problem occurs when I want to connect to a server installed on a remote machine that is with a friend. My server side program in not working. Therefore, what method should I use to log on his machine, which port should I use to have no problems with the firewall or antivirus? Thank you for your help.

Re: Problem in server side code

Hi,
    While the port you chose the one you want and I think the virus will ask whether to pass or not. After you have set the freebox it refers to information coming to the port. And then you connects its public IP address and freebox sends the information to the computer of your friend or something like that.

Hello,
    The messaging software such as yahoo messenger or msn messenger can communicate without the firewall or antivirus is blocking the application, and without the need to configure the router for free or anything. Have you any idea how they could do? If you any ides about this then please do post back. It will help me a lot.

Hello,
    MSN and Yahoo messenger does not ask permission (unless you configure it so) because the firewall is a connection outgoing that connects to a server of MSN (Yahoo, respectively) and which therefore poses no risk to your computer. You, you want the computer to your buddy plays the role of server, or in most cases the firewall blocks access and wondering what to do with the user. This problem does this pose any locally (localhost) ... I know not many people that addresses itself.

Hello,
    The router is the same thing for MSN you do not connect to port your house but on the MSN server, the you must connect you with your boyfriend, how freebox she knows how transmit your computer application if you do not set well? That I am not an expert network. I do not have an code with me, that is I can not help you with the code part, but this should be the logic.
    Last edited by Reegan; 25-01-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Hi,
    I tried some time ago to almost the same thing. But I had problems configuring free. The IP gives you the customer to login is that your free. (Fixed IP). Then as stated above you must configure the free (server side). If for example you put on port 238 and that your server receives on port 520, it should tell you the free open port 238 and you do switch to the 520.