Thread: Steps to make .exe file of the Java programs

Steps to make .exe file of the Java programs

I am intermediate programmer in this programming world. I just love to do programming on daily basis and learn new things. Right now i am learning the programming language like C++, C sharp, Java, DBMS and HTML. II have got the mini project( i.e crating the calculator) in JAVA. I started working on that but one thing i don't know is how to make the setup(i.e .exe) file for the Java programs. Please help me in doing so.

Re: Steps to make .exe file of the Java programs

Firstly i would suggest you not make this .exe file of Java programs and if you really want to make .exe file, then go straight to AOT Compilers. According to me, you will only get this three answers only from all of you:
    1] You cannot
    2] You should not make .exe, because it will kill the each and very purpose of Java
    3] You can do that with third party software XYZ.
    Hope you will be able to understand what i told and will not create any .exe file of the java project.

I would recommend you to use the third party software called "JSmooth". But i have also heard that by making .exe file it will kill all the purpose of Java. Then also, i personally use this software to make the .exe file of the java program's. This software will take all the classes file and packages them into one .exe file. And when executed, it will search for the Java Virtual Machine(JVM), so you still need the JVM on the another/users computer, but it also has an option to include the JVM, but that inclusion will make it very big file.

According to me, the Java Development Kit(JDK) which is supplied by Sun MicroSystem does not provide any tools to make platform specific executables. But, there many other ways to make the .exe(executable file) and they are as follows:
    ->Third-party tools
    ->Use a commercial installer.
    ->Use .jar
    ->Use Java Webstart.
    Out of all this option, i think using the Java Webstart is the most safest option. Hope your problem will be solved.

My knowledge about Java says that, to maintain the cross platform capability of the Java language, and as Java uses a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to execute/run its code, which means that you cannot make any executable file in the .exe format. This is said, because it will kill the each and very purpose of Java. Another possible solution for this would be to create a .jar (java archive) file that will execute in the same way an .exe file would.

I personally will suggest you not make the .exe file of your java project. It is very useless. You should never try the compiling of your Java byte code into the machine code (i.e .EXE), instead of that put all of your .class files into a .jar file (Java executable file). Its not that you can create the .exe file of java program, you can by using some third party application. But, by making the .exe file you will destroy all the purpose of the Java. Hope your problem will be fix.