Thread: Tools needed for Mobile Application Development in Java

Tools needed for Mobile Application Development in Java

Hello Friends,
    I am trying to do something new with the Java application. I want to develop mobile application using the Java programming language. But I don't know the Tools that are required for Developing Mobile Application. So can anyone provide the information about Tools needed for Mobile Application Development in Java.Please help me as early as possible..!!!
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

Re: Tools needed for Mobile Application Development in Java

I have tried to tell you the Tools that can be useful for the Mobile Application Development in Java. You can try one of the below and I have tried to explain in details about the tools.
    • Aplix Corporation of America - The JBlend platform is provided by the Aplix, which is the most deployed Java execution environment for mobile phones in the world. This tool includes a small footprint Java virtual machine (JVM), high performance, Micro Edition (J2ME) Connected Limited Device Configuration and it is Fully compliant with the Java 2 Platform. The Aplix also supports number of popular Operating Systems and the Microprocessors.
    • AVIDWireless - If you want the tool that allows development of device and format independent wireless applications, then you should go for the AVIDRapidTools. This is a Java tool-set which can be used for setting of reusable Java beans that provides the architecture for personalization and data access, handling multiple sessions, freeing the developer to concentrate on the business needs of the wireless application. Also the formats like iMode/CHTML, Palm VII/PQA are supported by set of ART.

You can also use the tool called db4o for developing Mobile Application in Java programming language. The tool db4o is an object database engine. Also the Engine of the db4o can be useful for developing Java from the scratch which is the natural addition to the Java programming language. Also according to me you can even work with the new technologies by using this tool. You will not find other tool like db4o for comparing with the integration with Java. The main feature of this tool is its speed and footprint size. Hope that you will like the tool db4o for the development of Java Web Start applications.

You can also use the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) which is specially designed for the several data-handling approaches. The Handheld Device Transport Protocol (HDTP) and the Handheld Device Markup Language (HDML) can also integrated by the WAP. The HDTP and HDML was developed by the Nokia's Smart Messaging Protocol (SMP), Ericsson's Intelligent Terminal Transfer Protocol (ITTP), etc. Using technologies such as Java servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP), you can also host the WAP services on Web servers. Also the WAP is more useful when it comes to cellular phones and the Java aims at more sophisticated network terminals.

I would like to suggest you to use the Dimac tool which is also useful for Mobile Application Development in Java. You can use the following tools while using the Dimac tool.
    • JMailServer w3 - For building your web based email service, I think that you should go for the JMailServer w3 which is an excellent platform for doing that. Since it offers many benefits and advantages, the developer, admin and user will experience an nice versatile and powerful system. Some features of this tool are like an extensive administrative GUI, to an ability to offer your actual customers to set up an alias from their private email account to your system, when in need of a web interface.
    • w3 JMail - It is possible to send and retrieve e-mail from your web site without a mail program or a mail server such as Eudora, Exchange or Outlook by using the w3 JMail. w3 JMail can be used by developers to send e-mail from their ASP code or Windows program in a very simple way. Encryption and advanced massmailing are some features of it.

I would also like to recommend you to use the Wireless Application Protocol which is generally known as WAP. The WAP platform is an open specification that addresses wireless network characteristics by adapting existing network technologies to the special requirements of handheld wireless devices. WAP's reuse of existing Internet protocols will ease the development of WAP services for Java and other Web developers. Therefore, WAP intends to standardize the way wireless devices like the mobile phones, PDAs, etc. to access Internet data and services.