Thread: Changing link color when moving mouse over link in HTML

Changing link color when moving mouse over link in HTML

hello friend i am developing a web page for my self. I am not very much familiar about html but can develop a simple web page. The problem is that i am trying to make a hyper link on a text. By default the text appears blue before visiting the link and changes to pink after clicking on this link. please tell me is it possible Changing link color when moving mouse over link in HTML?

Re: Changing link color when moving mouse over link in HTML

Yes it is possible. The HTML is a powerful formatting language and you can do this in HTML using the anchor tag. One of the property of the anchor tag is known as "hover" , this property of the anchor tag can help you to change the color of the hyper linked text. You simply had to specify the color and you will get it.

Thank you very much for replying. I think that you have understood the whole problem and you have suggested me a good solution but it would be better if you provide me some example to achieve this If possible please provide the code to achieve this and also explain the code. Any further help would be appreciated.

You can achieve this in a couple , you can use the LINK and VLINK attributes to the BODY tag as in <BODY LINK="green"> This will make the text link green before visiting to the more advanced style sheets, where you can have structures like:

a { color: green; text-decoration:none; }
    a:hover { text-decoration: underline; }

This would give give you a green links and when you move the mouse over it it will get underlined.

It seems to me as you will have to make use of the Cascading style sheets or CSS. Include the css in the head of your html document and use the anchor tag and its properties LINK and VLINK and set the desired color accordingly. You can also do it by using the hover attribute in your HTML document and change the link color

This is quiet simple problem and it is very easy to change the link color of certain link. You simply have to add STYLE="color:blue" to your anchor or a tag. where you can change the blue color to the color you want. after you implement this it will look like what i have given below:

<A HREF="destination-document.html" STYLE="color:blue">hyperlinked text</A>