Thread: How to Load/Display images with C#?

How to Load/Display images with C#?

I have recently started with the C# programming language. I want to Load the Images in C# . I want to complete my project sooner. So please try to guide me soon as possible. Any suggestions or advice are mostly welcomed. Also if possible provide me some coding so that I can use that in my project. Extremely Thanks In Advance.!!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: How to Load/Display images with C#?

If you want to load the images in C#, then you will have to use the System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(...). There are many methods of this class. DrawImage() is a method of the Graphics class. You need to create a Graphics object before using DrawImage() straightaway. You can use this Graphics object on the form for drawing an image onto it. But you will have to create this object in the Paint Handler of the form. I have provided you an example for a Paint Handler :
    Code:
    private void MainForm_Paint(object sender, 
                               System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e)
    {
    }
    When you call a form's paint handler, some data regarding the form's graphics stuff is passed to it. The object used to held has a property Graphics, you can initialize your own Graphics object using this
    Code:
    Graphics g = e.Graphics;

If you want to draw the flow-charts, vector drawings, etc. you can make use of the UCCDraw Flow Component. UCCDraw Flow Component is an ActiveX control that allows creation and editing of Visio-style charts from within your application. This application also allows you to create raster images and more with the ability to include hyperlinks and various shading and coloring effects. You can also group objects together, include images and text, link them together and apply custom drawing effects to create charts similar to Microsoft Visio by using the UCCDraw Flow Component.

If you are looking for some software I would recommend you to go for the WebMagick. WebMagick provides a means of easily putting image collections on the Web. It allows the user to navigate through collections of thumbnail images. Also it recurses through directory trees, building HTML pages and imagemap. You can select the images for viewing them just by single clicking with the mouse. Hope that, the WebMagick will help you to upload the images in your project.

For loading the images in C# you will have to know about the System.Drawing.Image. System.Drawing.Image is an abstract class, which acts as a base for System.Drawing.Imaging.Metafile and System.Drawing.Bitmap. You can also create an Image Object by using the Bitmap class. The following code shows how to use that :
    Code:
    MyBitmap = new Bitmap(...);
    There are many overloads for the constructor of the Bitmap. Here is one :
    Code:
    public Bitmap(
      string filename
    );
    After doing this code, you just have to pass the path to the image file you want to load and after that you will have to initialize an Image Object.

I tried to provide you the code used for Loading the Images with C#. You should be able to load your image using this code.
    Code:
    private void MainForm_Paint(object sender, 
                                System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e)
    {
        Graphics g = e.Graphics;
            MyBitmap = new Bitmap("c:\\image.bmp");
        g.DrawImage( MyBitmap, new RectangleF(MyPoint.X, MyPoint.Y, 
                     MyBitmap.Width*(fScale), MyBitmap.Height*(fScale)) );
        ...br>    ...
    }