Thread: MySQLDriverCS Error in C#.NET

MySQLDriverCS Error in C#.NET

Hi Friends,
    I have created a simple software for invoice management. I have developed that software using the C#.NET (Visual Studio 2005) with using a MySQL 5 database. Also I have used the proper driver for connecting to the database of the MySQLDriverCS. Every time after processing some invoices, the connection to the database closes and when I try to reopen I get an exception saying "MySQLDriverCS Exception: MySQLDriverCS Error: can't connect." Also further it stats that "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060) ". Could this error be due to server flooding? Please tell me, is there any way to fix this?? Help as soon as possible.!!
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Re: MySQLDriverCS Error in C#.NET

According to me, the error "MySQLDriverCS Error in C#.NET" gets generated when you have the wrong drivers for MySQL. I would like to recommend you to use the Connector/Net. You can search this driver on the Web and can download it. Connector/Net is a fully-managed ADO.NET driver for MySQL. Connector/NET is a fully managed ADO.NET driver written in 100% pure C#. Also the developers can create .NET applications that require secure, high-performance data connectivity with MySQL with the help of Connector/NET. Developers can build applications using their choice of .NET languages. So try using the Connector/Net, maybe your error will get fixed after using the Connector/Net.

Even I think that you should download the Connector/Net which is a fully-managed ADO.NET driver for MySQL. As you have not mentioned the drivers that you are using for the MySQL, I am assuming that you are using the driver which is not appropriate for MySQL. The Error "MySQLDriverCS Exception: MySQLDriverCS Error: can't connect." can be the reason for that. So try to download the Connector/Net and while downloading make sure that you are selecting the proper Windows Interface otherwise you will get an Error. Mostly there are three options for selecting the platform :
    • .NET and Mono
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Source Code
    Select the proper platform and then download the driver. Hope that will definitely help you.

I thought that providing some features of the Connector/NET will help you. Here are some features of the Connector/NET :
    • The Connector/NET provides the Features of MySQL Server.
    • It also does the Protocol compression which allows for compressing the data stream between the client and server.
    • The Large-packet is supported for sending and receiving rows and BLOBs up to 2 gigabytes in size.
    • You can also use the TCP/IP sockets, shared memory on Windows or the named pipes. It also supports the functions in Unix.
    • The Open Source Mono framework is also supported.
    • The Connector/Net is fully managed, does not utilize the MySQL client library.

The major classes of Connector/NET are described below :
    • MySqlCommandBuilder : This class automatically generates single-table commands used to reconcile changes made to a DataSet with the associated MySQL database.
    • MySqlDataAdapter : This class is used to represent a database connection and a set of data commands that are used to fill a data set and update a MySQL database.
    • MySqlCommand : To execute against a MySQL database, this class is used to represent an SQL statement.
    • MySqlConnection : This class represents an open connection to a MySQL Server database.
    • MySqlException : The exception that is thrown when MySQL returns an error.
    • MySqlHelper : Helper class that makes it easier to work with the provider.

If the problem is persisting even after installing the Connector/NET, then I would like to suggest you to reinstall the every applications that are connected with your software developing. This is the last option but should work. Try to uninstall the Visual Studio 2005 and the MySQL applications. Also uninstall the driver that you have installed for the MySQL. After doing this install the fresh copy of the applications that you required. Then install the Connector/NET as a driver for MySQL. This should really work for you.