Thread: Getting 'Error 207' in SQL

Getting 'Error 207' in SQL

Hi friend,

I need you help to solve the 'Error 207' of SQL. Whenever I try to execute the below SQL query, I immediately get terminated with error code 'Error 207'. I am trying to execute following query:
    select studName, StudID, studSTD from stud;
    Please let know how can I avoid this error in SQL?

Re: Getting 'Error 207' in SQL

Hi,

The 'Error 207' of sql is related to the incorrect column name of the table. I seems that you are trying to retrieve the data about the column name which doesn't exist in the specified table. I suggest you to make sure that your are using correct column name in you query. Also check the table name is correct mentioned in query or not. Try this and let me know if you are still getting same error or not.

The 'Error 207' of SQL error occurs when a column of table referenced in a Transact SQL statement was not found in any SQL table specified in the FROM clause of the query. If you wan to avoid this error then you need to change the column name to the column name which is present in one of the tables referenced in the given query. I had also got this type of error while executing the SQL query. I did the same above mentioned procedure to solve this error. I it will works for you also.

Hi friend,

The 'Error 207' in SQL occurs with error message "Invalid column name '%.*s'". And as per this error message this error is related to the invalid column name. Suppose you have one table named as 'emp' with column names: empID, empName, empSal. If you used below query to retrieve the data from 'emp' then you will definitely get the ''Error 207''.
    Query:
    SELECT empID, empSalr, empName from emp

This SQL 'Error 207' occurs only when SQL tries to use the column name of table that doesn't exist. If this "Error 207" message is displayed because of the delimited identifiers, then you need to turn delimited identifiers off or to use single quotes instead of double quotes for to turn delimited identifiers off. Also check the spelling of the column name specified in the error message. If it is wrong, correct it in your SQL statement and run it again.

Hello Friend,

If you are getting 'Error 207' while execution of SQL query then you need to do the following thing:
    • Make sure that table name is correct.
    • Check the names of column if they are correct or not.
    • Check the syntax of the given query.