Thread: What are the Miscellaneous directives in C?

What are the Miscellaneous directives in C?

Hi, I am the student of first year of BscIT. I have the C language in syllabus. I don't have the knowledge C language. But I would like to know about the Miscellaneous directives in C. I also would like to know about what is the use of Miscellaneous directives in C? How they can work? I also would like to know how can I use the Miscellaneous directives in C program. So, Is there Anyone who can help me? Reply me. I am waiting.

Miscellaneous directives

Hello, How are you! Miscellaneous directives describes additional three preprocessing directives. Miscellaneous directives are not that much of useful, but are mentioned just for completeness purpose.
    Miscellaneous directives consist of the following directives :
    1. null directive
    2. pragma directive
    3. indent directive.

Null Directives

Hi, I think you are looking for the one of the Miscellaneous directive that is a null directive. The null directive contains " # " followed by a Newline, with only white space including comments in between of them. This directive is understood as a preprocessing directive but It has no effect on the output of the preprocessor. The primary importance of the existence of this directive is that an input line of code consisting of just a " # " will produce no output rather than a code of line of output containing just a " # ".
    Last edited by absolute55; 21-01-2010 at 09:39 AM.

#ident directive

Hello, According to me your in the search of Miscellaneous Directive that is " #ident " directive. This " #ident " directive support for the compatibility with some of the certain other systems. This directive is followed by a line of text. On some of the systems, the text is copied into a place in the object file. On most of the systems, the text can be ignored and there is no effect on the this directive. Specially this " #ident " directive is used only in header files supplied with those of the systems where it can be meaningful.