Thread: Difference between OOP and AOP

Difference between OOP and AOP

Hello friends,

I need your help to solve my confusion. I am aware about the OOP i.e Object Oriented Programming and the POP i.e Procedure Oriented Programming, but I don't know about the AOP. I only know that it is called as 'Aspect oriented programming'. Please let me know What is the difference between the OOP and AOP?. Please help me, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Re: Difference between OOP and AOP

Hi,

The AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming) has become very popular as a way to solve certain kinds of problems that are hard to address using procedural or OOP(object oriented programming) methodologies. AOP addresses a problem that occurs if you try to apply the obviously most fundamental principle of software engineering "Dijkstras" principle of separation of concerns. Humans are not able to deal with many issues at once, but with one at a time. Therefore complex systems like software systems should be decomposed into small, clearly separated units, each dealing with a single concern.

Aspect-oriented programming breaks down a any program into distinct parts . AOP comprises techniques as well as tools which support the modularization concerns. All programming paradigms support some level of grouping and encapsulation of concerns into separate, independent entities by providing abstractions that can be used for implementing, abstracting and composing these concerns. But some concerns defy these forms of implementation and are called crosscutting concerns because they "cut across" multiple abstractions in a program.

Hi friend,

The Object-oriented programming comprises features like information hiding, polymorphism, data abstraction, inheritance, modularity. As hardware and software became increasingly complex, quality was often compromised. Researchers studied in the way to maintain the quality of software & they developed object-oriented programming in part to address common problems by reusable units, strongly emphasizing discrete of programming logic. OOP is nothing but a programming paradigm and which uses objects to design applications and computer programs.

AOP gives a generic means for to build technical concerns and also to plug them into application. AOP is a new way of programing as well as designing the applications. AOP offers a great solution over lots of problems than existing technologies. Applying some AOP concepts in J2EE can also really simplify its use. For instance, regular Java objects can be used in place of the EJBs. Applying full AOP to J2EE will greatly increase the usability of J2EE. It would also bring much more power to J2EE-compliant application servers.

AOP:
    AOP breaks a program to multiple parts. Aspect-oriented programming support the OOP, it enable developer of the code for to modifies static model of the OOP in the way to create a system which can grow for to meet advanced requirements. All paradigms of programming support some level of encapsulation & grouping concerns into separate, independent entities by providing abstractions that can be used for implementing, abstracting and composing these concerns.