Thread: Best book for internet security

Best book for internet security

Hello Guys,

I am going to start the Internet security course. Before that I want to be aware about the basic concepts of Internet security. It seems that Internet security concept is quit tough to understand than programming concept. Please let me know, according to you which is the best book for internet security for the beginners? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Best book for internet security

Hi,

I am using the 'Advanced Internet Security' book for internet security. The author of this book is "Fogie Seth". According to me this the perfect book for the beginners of internet security. All concept in this book in cleared in very understandable language. This book cover the basic as well as the advanced internet security techniques. It also cover the information regarding the various internet attacks and it's causes. I suggest you to buy this book.

Hi friend,

Following are some best reference books for Internet security:
    • Network Security Auditing By Chris Jackson
    • Network Security Incident Response By Damir Rajnovic, Mike Caudill
    • Handbook of Security and Networks By Hui Chen (Editor)
    • Cryptography and Network Security By William Stallings

Refer below books for internet security:
    1. The Future of the Internet And How to Stop It by Andy Walker
    2. The Online Identity Theft Prevention Kit: Stop Scammers, Hackers, and Identity Thieves from Ruining Your Life by Atlantic Publishing Company.
    3. Network Security Essentials: Applications and Standards by William Stallings
    4. The dotCrime Manifesto: How to Stop Internet Crime by Phillip Hallam-Baker
    5. The Future of the Interne by Jonathan Zittrain

Hi,

I will prefer "Network Security: Private Communication in a Public World" . The authors of this book are Charlie Kaufman, Radia Perlman and Mike Speciner. This book of Internet security overviews the latest advancement in the internet security. This internet security book is best suitable for beginners as well as the experts of the internet security. This book also contains the information regarding the firewall security.

Why don't you try following internet security books?
    1. Firewalls and Internet Security: Repelling the Wily Hacker (Author: Steven M. Bellovin, Aviel D)
    2. Computer Security (Author: Dieter Gollmann)
    3. Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems (Author: Ross J. Anderson)
    4. The New School of Information Security (Author: Andrew Stewart, Adam Shostack)
    5. Schneier on Security (Author: Bruce Schneier)