Thread: PHP fetch error in Internet Explorer 6

PHP fetch error in Internet Explorer 6

I am not sure why my code is not working in the IE 6 while it works perfectly fine when i use it with the Mozilla Firefox browser. The is empty in the Internet Explorer. Please help so that i can get rid of this PHP fetch error

Code:
    <td >
    <?php

echo "<select name='state' id='state' \"><option selected value=''>Select one</option>";
    while($noticiaST = mysql_fetch_array($querST)) { 
    	echo "<option value='$noticiaST[state]'>$noticiaST[longname]</option>"."<BR>";}
    echo "</select>";

?>                
                </td>

Re: PHP fetch error in Internet Explorer 6

The problems here are not the browser because the PHP code is never affected by the browser. The only difference is that they are executed in different ways. I think that your code has some invalid HTML. Also try to view your source feature in your browser to look at the generated source code and find the invalid parts.

It seems as the browser are not the culprit behind your problems also i would suggest you to remove the <br> tag from your code and the program will start working. I think that you should select drop-downs also don't specify any controls other than the <option>. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

The PHP could is never affected by the browser used for executing it. I think the main problem behind this is that your code outputs invalid HTML. The browsers always handle these problems in different manner. Hence i would request you that you view all your sources in your browser in order to have a closer look at the fetch value.