Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Where to get ODBC drivers in unix

Software Development

Old 16-01-2010

Hi all,

I am windows programmer and using Windows ODBC in my database connectivity, But now i am using UNIX, and want to connect database through through ODBC, Can anybody have any idea to get ODBC drivers in unix. cheers.

Old 16-01-2010

iODBC that have full form Independent Open DataBase Connectivity is an open Source platform independent implementation of ODBC in UNIX. It provides both an ODBC driver manager and software development Kit that provide the development of database independent applications. It includes a GTK+-based administration tool. You can try this and reply.
Old 16-01-2010

DataDirect ODBC Driver for UNIX is most reliable, best performing ODBC driver for UNIX or Linux platforms. It have features like eliminates the need for database client libraries, equivalent to Microsoft Windows ODBC Driver Manager,
quality and reliability. It supports a wide range of processor like IBM AIX, HP-UX IPF, and Sun Solaris.It is available for all database package eg. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase and MySQL.
Old 16-01-2010

unixODBC is also provides Unix applications with the same ODBC 3.51 API. It gives a Driver Manager that supports the full ODBC API .It performs the ODBC 3 to ODBC 2 translations with UNICODE to ANSI conversion. It also provide GUI for users to used by application. It works with MySQL, Postgres, StarOffice, OpenOffice, Applixware, iHTML, PHP and Perl. It have a pooling feature that increase performance with applications. You should try this and reply. Best of luck.
Old 16-01-2010

I am using unixODBC source distribution which is open source and available in gzipped tar file. You need to just Uncompress it and then put on the resultant file. The option of untar the file is
Code:
tar -xvf unixODBC-2.2.12.tar
Then change the file to resultant directory and run as:
Code:
./configure --help
which will display list all the options configure.

Last edited by Reegan : 16-01-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 16-01-2010

I will tell you some methods of installing an ODBC driver under unixODBC :
# you need to write a program which links with libodbcinst.so and calls SQLInstallDriver.
# OR You should create an ODBC driver template file and run odbcinst by these command:
Code:
    odbcinst -f template_file -d -i

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,