Thread: Best compiler for C++ programming on Windows platform

Best compiler for C++ programming on Windows platform

I had recently set up a new system at my home. I had installed Windows Vista on Intel Quad Core processor fitted on a Giga-Byte motherboard. I am also learning C++ programming language. I had recently learnt that there are many compiler which are available for C++. Can any one suggest the Best Compiler for C++ programming. This is the first programming language that I am learning and have no idea of the available compilers for C++.

Visual C++ of Microsoft

According to me the best C++ compiler that one can use id the Microsoft Visual C++. The Visual C++ is designed by Microsoft for programming languages such as C, C++ and CLI. It is also referred as MSVC- Microsoft Visual C++. I have been using this on my Windows Vista operating system for executing programs written in C++ language. This works for integrated development environment of Microsoft. It is the best compiler for using C++ on Windows based operating system.

MinGW compiler

I am using the MinGW compiler. The acronym MinGW stands for Minimalist GNU for Windows. This is specially designed for Windows operating system. To put it in simple words the MinGW can be defined as GNU Binutils and GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) port.This is available in binary package format. I have been working on this for the past six months for creating application for Windows in C++. It is been suggested as compiler for creating applications for Microsoft Windows. In order to support the C99 functionality this MinGW compiler also has Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library extension included in it.

The Borland C++ compiler

If you want to use a very simple and native C++ compiler you may opt for the
    Borland C++ compiler. The Borland C++ compiler is developed by Borland basically for Windows. It sometimes also referred to as a native code compiler. Also by many it is considered as a very efficient C++ visual development environment for developing applications of Windows for desktop, internet as well as distributed systems. It includes the latest ANSI/ISO C++ compliance.

Turbo C++ compiler

Even I have very recently started studying C++ software programming language. I ma using the Turbo C++ compiler for compiling the C++ programs. It is a very old compiler but it is very helpful and easy. For those who have just stated learning C++ I would recommend to use the Turbo C++ compiler. Once you have got the basic knowledge of C++ programming one may upgrade to C++Builder.

OpenC++

OpenC++ is also useful for C++ programs compiling. It is used for developing applications of C++ language. Shigeru Chiba had created the Open C++. You can analyze you programming code written in C++. You may also try the Digital Mars C++ compiler from Digital Mars. Intel also provides a C++ compiler known as Intel C++ Compiler. It used on many different platform which includes, Windows, Mac and Linux. Also there is the GNU Compiler Collection and the Watcom C/C++ compiler for compiling C++ codes.