Thread: LaTeX: problem with "\" renew command

LaTeX: problem with "\" renew command

Hello,
    I have a file test.sty I use to define my personal orders and I call in my document with the command \ usepackage () test. In this famous file test.sty, I defined new commands and redefined commands and everything works impact except when I try to reset the chip of my lists itemize the command.
    \ renewcommand (\ labelitemii) (\) textbullet
    Moreover, this command works fine when I put it directly into my document A after the begin (document)
    \ documentclass [a4paper, 13pt] (article)
    \ usepackage (current)
    \ begin (document)
    \ renewcommand (\ labelitemii) (\ t) extbullet
    But it does not work if I put this command in my file test.sty then I call in my file. Does anyone have a solution or are we forced to put the command in each file? (which is not very practical because of course the file test.sty goal is to change all my documents at once, either A, B, C or D. ..)

Re: LaTeX: problem with "\" renew command

Hi,
    Does anyone have a solution or are we forced to put the command in each file? (which is not very practical course for the purpose of test.sty file is to change all my documents at once, either A, B, C or D. ..)
    This module provides an option to choose the appearance of chips (and the election applies to the whole document).
    \ documentclass (minimal)
    \ usepackage [T1] () fontenc
    \ usepackage folder
    \ frenchbsetup (ItemLabelii = \ textbullet)
    \ begin (document)
    \ begin (itemize)
    \ item some
    \ item some \ begin (itemize)
    \ item some
    \ item some
    \ end (itemize)
    \ end (itemize)
    \ end (document)

Hello,
    The response of above, probably met the author of the thread but I am amused to reproduce the example by removing \(ItemLabelii = \ tex tbullet) and adding the \ renewcommand (\ labelitemii) (\ t) extbullet
    The phenomenon observed is confirmed:
    1) it works if the redefinition is placed in the document body;
    2) is without effect if it is placed in the preamble
    Could someone explain this? Obviously, clearing the \ begin (document), the \ labelitemi returns to its original definition, but why?

Hello,
    Could someone explain this? Obviously, clearing the \ begin (document), the \ labelitemii returns to its original definition, but why?
    I think it's because it which redefines \ labelitemi and company acts in breach of \ begin (document)
    " You can edit the titles, for example, if one wants to replace "demo" with "Proof" , just add in the preamble
    \ addto \ captions (\ def \ pro ofname (Proof)). It's very complicated, why not simply \ def \ proofname Proof) or (\ renewcommand * (\ proofname Pre uve) ()? There are two (good) reasons:
    1. if such a redefinition is made in the preamble, it is ineffective since the changeover takes place that \ begin (document) (not to disrupt the loading of other extensions);
    2. if made in the document , the change will be effective in this part but will not survive in a return after a passage from another language.

Hello,
    I think it's because it which redefines \ labelitemi and company acts in breach of \ begin (document)
    Yes, that is it. By removing \ usepackage (babel) and with a different value for \ labelitemii, the redefinition in the preamble makes its effect. Thank for your help guys.

Hi,
    Even i had a similar kind of problem. Thank you both, for your help, the solution works perfectly. In fact I found exactly the same kind of problem with the command \ maketitle () and \ tableofcontents, I do not know how to include them in my file. Sty and am therefore obliged to put in all my documents after the \ begin ( document) so I do not know if the same kind of solution exists .