Thread: How to create setup file

How to create setup file

Hello everyone,
    I would like to know how to create software, I already made my code written in Java and run it successfully (I use Netbeans as software) .I want to know is how to create a setup file.. Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: How to create setup file

Hello,
    I did not understand, what exactly you want. Want to know how to create your software, then you already have the sources and the executable. So you already have operational software (executable). If you want to edit, since you are using Netbeans, you can do it. There is documentation on the sun java official site, about how to execute a file.

Hello,
    I understand, I think you want to run your program without using Netbeans as an executable (the. exe windows for example). When you compile your Java code in Netbeans, there are class files that have been created which contains the pseudo code used by the Java virtual machine for your operating system. The program is executable on windows by the java command (see help for use) if the JVM is installed. A batch file will then launch the program of a clique. If not, there are windows utilities to create an EXE from a java program but then you lose in portability.

Hello
    I think you should easily find tutorials over there on the Net. Anyway to create your batch file, create a new text file named example.bat you can edit with notepad. There is enter the right java commands in it, I think this is the easiest way to to a java file executable, though it will not on any other operating system other that windows, I think for linux you have to create a shell program for the similar results.

Hello,
    When you make a program in JAVA, you make. JAR files. In any case you made. Bat file, as you feel comfortable, both will give the same out put. FYI the batch (. Bat) is with a simple Notepad. And they used to automate some tasks. But if you want that your java application should run on multiple platforms then you should go for jar file.

Hello,
    Just for info, the bat file is just to automate the launching of the java file. Instead of typing java myprog, putting this command in a batch file that simplifies the launch (especially if there are options to save as or-jar-classpath ...) You can even try to create a jar file, yes, one benefit is that you can run it on multiple operating systems.