Thread: What are the various parsers used in XML?

What are the various parsers used in XML?

Hi Guys,

I just stated the XML course. Currently I don't have enough knowledge about the XML. I need your help to know more about the XML. I want to be aware about the different kind of parser which are used in the XML. Is anybody has the sound knowledge about the various parsers used in XML? If yes then try to share your knowledge with me. I would greatly appreciate your help

Re: What are the various parsers used in XML?

Hi,

XML Parser is basically acts as a interface among the XML Document and the XML Document user. There are two main types of the XML Parsers which are as follows:
    1. SAX i.e Simple API for XML: This XML Parser used while interpreting XML document which is based over the event occurrence
    2. DOM i.e Document Object Module:This XML Parser used while interpreting entire XML document.

A parser is a part of program which takes a physical representation of specified data and then make their conversion into memory form as a whole to use. Parsers can be used anywhere in software. XML Parser is a one parser which is used to create XML or read XML for the program use. There are different types of XML parsers are available. Each XML parser has its own unique advantages. Every XML program must call or implement XML parser.

Hi Friend,

I am aware about the only one XML parser and which is 'DOM' XML parser. 'DOM' is the abbreviation of the Document Object Model. The functioning of this XML parser is entirely different than 'SAX' XML parser. The 'DOM' XML parser builds complete document representation of XML in the memory. The advantage of using DOM is that, it is more memory intensive. The 'DOM' XML parser controls the programming interface. The DOM implementation comprises 'System.Xml' and ' MSXML' classes

* XSLT Parsers(XML Style Sheet): XSLT is the best compatible parser for the XML style sheet. XSLT Parser is also used for the conversion from XML into HTML.
    * SAX Parser(Simple API for XML): It is used to create representations of the particular XML structure
    * DOM Parser(Document Object Model): This parse is mainly used to converts the XML into the object which is accessible by JavaScript.

Hello friend,

All browsers have a built-in parser for XML for the purpose of reading and manipulating XML. Parser basically converts XML data into JavaScript object. XML parser comprises various functions for traversing access, XML trees, delete nodes, inserts nodes.Various browsers produces Various result while transformation of XML along with XSLT. 'loadXML()' method is used by Internet Explorer for parsing XML string. Other browsers uses the object known as 'DOMParser'.