Thread: Perl VS Python

Perl VS Python

I am intermediate programmer. I have been learning programming languages like perl, python, core java, sql, and C sharp. I am using Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop (Intel Core i7-820QM Mobile Processor, 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670, 4gb RAM, 512GB HDD, Windows XP). I want make a program based on client-server connection and i am confused in which language should i do either PERL or PYTHON. Which is best out of this language? Please help me

Re: Perl VS Python

I think the Python programming language is an excellent, and mainly for the larger or complex type programming projects. It is language where next or other programmer will have easy to read the code made by original programmer. But whereas in Perl and PHP program this thing is very tough and unreadable. Python remains neat and readable after 35-40 lines but in Perl it is not possible. In Python, largest program will be easily maintain. So, opt the Python language.

I would say to choose the python programming language. Because it is a high level programming language for general purpose. The main advantage is its design, which make code readable very easily. It also combine power with very clear/easy syntax and it has standard library is large and comprehensive. Its use of indentation for block delimiters is unusual among popular programming languages. It also mostly use in scripting language and supports the multiple programming paradigms.

According to me, the Perl is does not look like the Python, atleast not at the first glance. Both this language is easier to understand, because the languages provides same purposes, but have almost opposite(different) syntax and structure. But i would agree that Perl is more flexible, by its basic in many ways. So if you are intermediate and not that strong in programming then use Perl only. Hope you will be able to achieve your goal of programming.

My studies about the this two(i.e Perl and Python) programming language says that the Perl can be too cryptic and uneasy to read. But of course a good programmer will be able to write legible code then a bad one, but the Perl power is seen in its complex syntax and many operator symbols, whereas Python has a simple, elegant base language, and the power resides in its library. Finally would say that the Python is forward of Perl in many applications except for short/small shell-script type of applications, and there they are roughly comparable. Hope you will be able to fix the problem.

My knowledge about the programming language says that, in all of the languages has its own point of advantages and disadvantages, but the Perl which is most of religion then other programming language and has less faults. Also note that Perl can be an procedure, functional or OOP depending on what you need. As a result you can do everything in perl and gets better as you more programming in perl. You should use the PERL language which will be better option.

idea bioinformatics tool development

iam planning to develop a tool for performing various operations on proteins like visualization and exploring properties.....ineed to know how can i proceed dis using perl .....