Thread: Inserting PHP into button

Inserting PHP into button

I am trying to make a website for my company i have a button and a PHP code. They are working smoothly if they are separate from each other but whenever i try to bind them together, They stop working so i am putting the code segments below

HTML Code:
    <FORM METHOD="LINK" ACTION="../chkout/cart1/">
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" class="form-button" VALUE="PHP to go here">
    </FORM>
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo $this->__('There are <a href="%s"><strong>% items</strong></a> in your cart.'$this->getUrl('chkout/cart1'), $_cart1Quantity?>
    Both these work fine if they are separated from each other but when i put them together like the one below it stops functioning.

Code:
    		<INPUT TYPE="submit" class="form-button" VALUE="<?php echo $this->__('There are <a href="%s"><strong>%s items</strong></a> in your cart.', $this->getUrl('chkout/cart1'), $_cart1Quantity) ?>">
              </FORM>
    So suggest some solution so that i can insert PHP code in to an HTML Button ?
    Last edited by Camdean; 06-01-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Re: Inserting PHP into button

Well according to me you cannot use the anchor tag i.e. the <a> inside the button's value attribute. Also you will have to change the text that is outputted by the PHP if you want to display it inside the button than try to remove the html from it. please specify your problem more specifically

Please specify the actual output which you are getting and also specify the output which you want from the html. I think that there is something invalid in your program or function. If you specify it in more details then it will be more easier for me to implement on this problem. If possible try to post the whole program.

Well i think that i have posted enough codes so that you can easily implement any way i would like to thanks you all and hence i followed the steps suggested by praetor and posting the code below

Code:
    		<INPUT TYPE="submit" class="form-button" VALUE="<?php echo $this->__('There are <strong>%s items</strong> in your cart.', $this->getUrl('chkout/cart1'), $_cartQuantity) ?>">
              </FORM>
    But i have still not got the solution.

In the html the buttons do not work with the links. They are usually used for submitting forms that is It's the action value for the form that decides where the form will be submitted to. I would like to know what the function actually returns and the method you are calling the functions. If you show me the full source code i can help you in this case since it is difficult to implement on this problem with such small segment of code.

hello friend firstly i would like to tell you that you have provided enough information so that any one can implement on a problem like this also try to replace your code with the below code:

Code:
    <button class="form-button" type="button" onclick="setLocation('<?php echo $this->getCheckoutUrl() ?>')">
    <span><?php echo $this->__('Cart: <a href="%s"><strong>%s items</strong></a>', $this->getUrl('chkout/cart1'), $_cart1Quantity) ?></span>
    </button>
    I hope that your problem is fixed!!!!