Thread: Is there any Compiler or IDE for C on Windows?

Is there any Compiler or IDE for C on Windows?

Recently I have purchased the "C Programming Language". Now I am looking for the good C compiler or an IDE (if any). When I tried to search the same thing on Google, I got many results for C++ compilers and not the C. I hope that they should be different.! So where can I get a good little IDE for C? Please help me out.

Re: Is there any Compiler or IDE for C on Windows?

I would like to suggest you to try using the Eclipse as an IDE for the C on Windows. The Eclipse can be very useful to you for developing the C and C++. The reasons of getting the Eclipse popular is its extensibility and adaptability to a veritable host of applications. The development of the C and C++ Development Toolsuite which is also known as CDT was the keypoint in the evolution of the Eclipse. I think that this is IDE that you were looking for.

Many people use the Microsoft Visual Studio for development on Windows. Visual Studio is the standard on Windows and you can also get the free versions of this available on the official site of the Microsoft. Usually GCC is used on Unix operating system and is typically included with the OS. The languages C and C++ are very much similar but the C++ allows classes. I think that the most of the C++ compilers should be able to compile the C code. You can download the tools for the Visual Studio from the below link :
    http://www.techarena.in/download/pro...studio-sp1.htm

You can also go for the EMacs for the C Development. It's little difficult to get used to with EMacs but it is the great text Editor/IDE. Otherwise you can use any basic text editor that you are used to. The Vi/Vim also works well with C code. The Borland IDE is also useful for the native linux version of Delphi which now includes the C and C++. It's free for writing GPL software.

I have used the Dev C++ when I was in college doing the C and C++ programming languages. It comes bundled with the MinGW compiler. I think that it is very easy to get set up and rolling. If you still want other compiler than I would like to recommend you for Microsoft Visual Studio. Because according to me that is another better option after the Dev C++. Hope that you got some helpful information from my reply.

You can also download the Pelles C and lcc-win32 for only C and not C++ and for the Windows version. Otherwise you can download the Dev-C++ for the C and C++. You can always download Dev C++ and you can use that as your C IDE. I have used this in C++. When you create a project, that asks you if you want it in C or C++ and I used C++, it is really good C++ IDE. Hope that can work in C also.

The only Professional one is VS
    (Dev C++ is completely obsolete..)