Thread: Advice on the Java as Programming Language

Advice on the Java as Programming Language

Hello friends,
    I am new to the coding and their languages. As told by my uncle, I should do the Java. I thought that this is the right place to ask. So I need some advice regarding the Java as the programming language. Can anyone recommend me any good tutorials that can teach me the Basic things of Java. How good is Java for the 2d games/software and 3d game/software? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Computer:

Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8N-VM Socket 939 Motherboard with NForce 410
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.45ghz-Venice Core
    2x1024MB PC3200 Kingston Ram in Dual Channel
    ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3,16 Pipelines overclocked to 442mhz/1080mhz
    Enermax 420W "Silent" Powersupply

Re: Advice on the Java as Programming Language

Starting the programming language with the Java, I think is good enough. But I would like to suggest you to learn the other languages like Turbo C, C++, etc. which are much easier than the Java. Once you are done with that then you can start the Java. Because when compared with the mentioned languages Java is much tougher. Once you understand the basic things of the programming languages than you can do the Java. Hope that you are getting the point that I am saying.

Even I think that you should go for the basic languages like C or C++ rather than going for the Java. You can do that but you will face many problems initially for knowing the basic things that are required for the programming languages. So it would be better to learn the C first and then later you can go for Java or VC++. If you want some tutorials based on the C Language then you can check the link http://www.computer-books.us/c.php.
    You will get everything that the beginner needs.

It totally depends on you, which programming languages you want to choose for studying. If you are interested in doing the Java then I would suggest you to go for Java. Its definitely tough for sure but you can do if you got the confidence. The tutorials you will get from the
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
    will definitely help you while learning the basic funda of the Java. Also Java is much used in the 2d games/software and 3d game/software that can be used in PC's and Mobiles.

Nowadays Java is used in many programming software because of its features which are distinct from the Other programming languages. Here are some features of the Java :
    • Platform independent is one of the important key feature of java language that makes java as the most powerful language.
    • Simplicity of Java is also its feature since the Programs are easy to write and debug because java does not use the pointers explicitly.
    • When compared to C and C++, the Java is a fully Object Oriented language because object lies at the outer most level of data structure in java.
    • While executing the java program the user can get the required files dynamically from a local drive.

You have known the several features of Java (mentioned by Zecho) like the Platform independent, Simplicity, dynamic, etc. But the main feature of the Java is the Multi-threading. Java is Multithreaded programming language which means a single Java program having the different threads can execute independently at the same time. The principle of multithreading is much similar as the multiprocessing on the computer. Multiple threads execute instructions according to the program code in a process or a program.