Thread: How to create a link to view an image

How to create a link to view an image

I want a little help for an early realization of the SVP starting point to begin. I have a long list of electronic patterns, I'll arrange alphabetically by creating 27 tabs (0-9) and (AZ). Also create a directory baptized (Drawings) where I store all my images format (JPG) each corresponding to a schema.

I want to link for example
    - When I'm in the tab (A), I click or double click on the word Amplifier 10 Watts that it goes in the directory (Diagrams). What it gives me the image baptized (amp 10 watts) to three quarters of the screen. I see the pattern may be able to return to my starting point in order to select a different pattern again, see again the same if I missed a detail.

I have about 800 drawings, I hope I will not be restricted by the number, not too penalizing the speed

But how can I make Amplifier 10 Watts word as a link to view the diagram?

Re: How to create a link to view an image

1) It is absolutely not possible to put 800 channels in 800 cells (homogeneous dimensions?). Question placement of images and management thereafter. It does not work daunting, we made do with Excel!

2) according to the channel requested, it loads the image.

2) directory with the images OK

3) While your basic idea can be done without VBA, I would not recommend it.

I see:
    1) a single sheet with:
    > A column for the names of channels,
    > Another column with related keywords or keyword for a seizure easier (and easier to apply a filter if the number of keywords are finished)
    > Another name for the associated file (and location if not the same as the Excel file);

3) A UserForm which include:
    > A list box with the original circuit
    > A list box with names of circuits
    > A combo multiselection with the keyword list
    > Button to search and view the answer
    > A picture to view image
    > Button to exit the application
    > A button to open another Userform for entering new circuits

This is only my opinion. Everything is possible but ...

What would you like? What have you done? How's your data organized? How many are there of keywords?

Thank you for the reply, I will not embark on this project, I do not think it'll be too complicated to display an image.jpg. It did not matter, I look on the net if I can find software that can do this to me.

This is absolutely not complicated (if a little, even for me as an amateur) but nothing insurmountable. There must be order and organization. Although people not rushing to respond, can you tell us how your data are organized? A small screenshot with an example of organizing your names circuits, keywords associated. How are your images of circuits (size, format, etc.) You have not answered my question? It was your work. We can do nothing until things are clear.

For question (1) Nothing to do with this new hand I ask the site because I do not know of any shape, picture and usform nor hypertext or other links that I have not used. It is a start to everything, but I outlined the plan I had set. I decide to give me a make electronics that I did before, I collect everything gear and of course all the patterns I've done etc.

The goal is simple I use Excel 2007 to find and classify these patterns as I explain in my initial request, nothing to complicate it merely creates code or programming and given the number of patterns and do not want to spend 3 hours searching the damn schedule, I have many books but the time to open all the books my god I dare not think about it, here is the why.

So a tab alphabetically AZ, (A)mplify (D)isplay (T)hermometer digital (V)oltmeter digital (Z)Energy variable. etc. etc.

If I'm in the tab (A) I want this list to A3, if for example I click or double click on this line is written or 5 watt amp that it gives me the pattern corresponding to this circuit.

If possible have the opportunity to adjust or resize the display myself to say three quarters of the screen.

Can print this pattern, you will understand why.

To cancel and return to the top to search and display complementary patterns in the tabs B or C or D etc etc.

Images.(jpg) will be stored in a directory of course,

No VBA as you advise me but I know a little if you can not do otherwise, I will be able to get out with some explanations in the code, thank you in advance.

Could we have a screenshot of a portion of the database you started. You know what you want. Fortunately. You must know how to operate your Excel application. That's good.

But have you an idea of the presentation, order, organization of your data?

To me, you must have a data table (names, keywords, names of the image) which we combine the images.

I wish I had a screenshot of the Excel the organization of your data (number of leaves, locations of data). Even if everything is not taken, there must be a minimum.

You have not answered my questions. I have no more information.