Thread: Creating software without programming

Creating software without programming

Hello,
    Is there any software by which we can create another software without need to program. I think there must be such software, but I found nothing concrete on the Internet. Do you know the names of such softwares (paid or not)? Thank you very much!
    Last edited by TechGate; 02-01-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Re: Creating software without programming

Hello,
    Apart from Hypercard on the Mac years ago, I've never seen software capable of creating another one without a line of code and without knowing a language. Possibly the side of the successors of HyperCard- Revolution or Supercard HyperStudio or RealBasic. However, there is software for creating games platform but I do not know precisely. You can search them on internet.

Hello,
    It can not exist: in all cases you must have an algorithm, which is part of programming. So, contrary to what is said, Hypercard does not allow. Aligning components at random can lead to nothing, you must know what you want to do a design phase is always necessary.

Hi,
    The lack of 'programming' does not necessarily mean absence of design, and anyway, it does not align components randomly. What I understood the question is no programming language, thus creating a logical structure and a graphical interface only via a GUI, without a line of code. That's what HyperCard allowed, even if we could schedule too. This is what allows more or less the software I mentioned. But of course, all this is necessarily very limited and the creation of a strong and structured executable can be done without difficulty and without any programming language.

Hi
    I would like to add one more thing, there is Windev and 4D systems rapid creation of software, almost no line of code is not without reason that the RAD. As for Web development and workshops such SproutCore: specialized frameworks that allow to build a "web application" in a few clicks.

Hi
    There are programs that do, but the results are necessarily equal to investment.
    After all, depends on what you want to do an MFC application that calculates the number first is a few hours at most jobs, one games 3d takes ten months or years. We can discuss the best building materials without knowing what we want to build.

Hi,

Have you try "SoftwareZator" by Veler Software? It is a tool for make softwares without programming, with a UI designer and a function editor without code?

Hi,

I just found an article about application development. It describes the development of a softphone with the help of an SDK called Ozeki VoIP SDK. It only has a few lines. You can have a look if you want by Googling for: Working with SDP in VoIP SIP calls

On the other hand I did not meet the thing you are looking for yet but someday probably will.