Thread: Best C Compiler

Best C Compiler

Can any one tell me which is the best C++ compiler and c compiler for windows ?Which compiler is the best? I use Turbo C compiler but I don't like at all its interface, is there any compiler with simple interface like word and excel? Which compiler is simple and generate Optimized code ?

Re: Best C Compiler

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express is best option. Quickly find and eliminate programming errors using the intuitive graphical debugger.Visual C++ 2008 provides a powerful and flexible development environment. NET–based applications. Create 32-bit native Windows applications using the Windows Platform SDK. Support for both native and managed code development.

If you are new to programming, or at least new to c, then you are going to want an IDE (Integrated Development Environment). Xcode is Apple's premiere development environment for Mac OS X. That is a tool that wraps around the compiler and other tools to make developing a lot easier. Apple ships XCode as part of their developer tools, and this is an IDE.

You can interface many text editors with command line compilers. I prefer using Notepad++ with my compiler of choice.The primary advantage of Notepad++ over the built-in text editor, Notepad, is tabbed editing, to easily work with multiple open files. Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.