Thread: MS Exchange filters problem

MS Exchange filters problem

I have a server which is running all the MS Exchange 2007 roles and also Forefront Security for MS Exchange also installed. I constantly get frustrated with is the difference between the link on the right sidebar labeled "Return to Issue Listing" (which is small and not in the header where I typically associate navigation), and clicking the project title in the header. Forefront security is working fine to control viruses and trojans etc. But if I want to configure content or file filters I can't. Can any one tell me that how to resolve MS Exchange filters problem? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: MS Exchange filters problem

I have also tried this, and as long as IIS7 on a x64 server is running in x64 only, it works. In Event Viewer, both the Application log and the System log contain errors, warnings, and informational events that relate to the operation of Exchange Server, the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service, and other applications. However, all of my COM objects (different web sites, same server) won't run.

To help you determine the cause of Intelligent Message Filter problems, carefully review the data in the Application log and System log. Try and run this command and see if it helps:cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 true. Intelligent Message Filter writes events to Event Viewer using the source MSExchangeTransport and the category, SMTP Protocol.

Turns out, if you have an internal SPAM filtering server as your first hop (Policy Patrol), you will need to create a separate receive connector for it. Sounds like your IIS is running in 32-bit mode, and--not that I entirely understand why, but--the couple Exchange 2007 64-bit servers I'm working with have had to be in 64-bit mode.