Thread: Best reference book for java

Best reference book for java

Hello Friends,

I am going to start the course for the java programming. Before starting this course I want to aware about the basic concepts of the java programming. So I want to but java programming book.
    According to your experience which is the best reference book for the Java programming? Please give me name of the some reference book.

Re: Best reference book for java

Hi,

I think you need to refer book "Thinking in Java -by Bruce Eckel" for basic java programming. The book language is very easy to understand. I think this is the best reference book for java beginners.
    This java book describes you how to use the applet, how to design them.It also explain you the basic GUI coding for java. This java book also comprises the basic java networking and I/O along with class design.

Following are some best reference book for Java:
    • Java Secrets
    • The Java Developer's Resource
    • Java Network Programming
    • JavaBeans: Developing Component Software in Java
    • Java I/O
    • Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns
    • Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns
    • The Java AWT Reference

You should refer the "Java I/O" book for which will demonstrate you the basic concepts of the java. This java book includes the syllabus for following components:
    Reading and writing text in java, aligning and Padding numbers, Serialization of object, Compression of the data, Cryptography Extension in java , Data manipulation, Input Stream and Output Stream network connections, classic AWT and Swing , parallel and serial port communication, Class, object of the class, Dialog in the file.

Hi Friends,

There are wide range of books are available over the java programming. If you are beginner in the programming then you should go for below books:
    1. Java Card Technology for Smart Cards: Architecture and Programmer's Guide: By by Zhiqun Chen.
    2. Java™ Class Libraries Poster, The: Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, 8th Edition: By Lee ,Chan, Patrick.
    3. Java™ Language Specification, The, 3rd Edition : By Steele, Gosling,Joy.
    4. Java™ Platform Performance: Strategies and Tactics: By Jeff Kesselman and Steve Wilson.

Hello,

"Effective Java, Second Edition 2nd Edition" is the best book java programming. The author of this book is "Joshua Bloch". It contains Java programming language in deep. It includes the best practice solutions over programming. It is updated for Java SE 5 and Java SE 6 features. It also includes the generics , enums, autoboxing features. If you want to know more java programming books then please visit the below link:
    http://www.sun.com/books/java_series.html