Thread: Should I start with C or C++

Should I start with C or C++

Hello Everyone,
    I have already started to learn the C++ programming language, But now I have heard from my friends that I should learn C Language first and then go to C++. I just wanted to know that whether I should continue with C++ or should learn the C language before C++ ?

Re: Should I start with C or C++

Don't bother your Friends. It's just the matter of choice. If you are confident that you can learn the C++ Language just go on learning the it. Once you finished the C++ Language. You are bound to learn any programming language easily. Since C++ inhibits the semantics of all other programming languages.

If you want to learn programming and you have already started with C++ then, I would suggest you to continue with it. C served as a base language to many other languages that have been derived today. Initially I have also learned the C language before starting with some other programming language and I think that most of the programming languages have a similar concept.

I agree with your friends that you should learn the C Language before C++. It is better if you start with C and then move on to C++. Because it can be very Confusing if you are a beginner. Also the C++ programming language has been derived from the C language. If you learn C before C++ you may come to know the advantages of C++ over C. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

jeryruse Guest

Hello Abbiey.
    you really want to learn programming and then I will suggest you to learn first 'C'. 'C' Language is base language to many other languages that have been derived today. I have also learned the C language before starting with some other programming language and most of the programming languages have a similar concept but you should know about base coding and programing. So according to me you should learn 'C' before 'C++'.